A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior Electrics

D2 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 21st July 2011, 11:30 AM

Default Blower fan

Fan makes a bit of a knocking sound when being run by the solar roof. And then stopped working all together not jst off the roof it won't blow, ACC is lit up and works but just no wind being blow in.
Plugged in to vaggcom and got an 01273 fresh air blower v2 17 - 10 control difference intermittent
It was at this point that i remembered laughing with Reffro about my car having corner controlled AC (CCACC) it's rare so it won't be on anyone elses car

I went back to the car lifted the bonnet turned on the AC and gave the blower box or plenum a knock and it started blowing. So loose connection in there somewhere. Could well have been brought on by me standing on the intake manifold and kicking the bonnet back?
Old 21st July 2011, 12:07 PM

Had exactly same thing on mine. First intermittent, then stopped working, would work again slowly for a while when hit. Thought carbon brushes worn in motor, took it out to check, brushes were still in reasonable condition but commutator were worn out, some of the contacts completely through. I think it is common problem if You have solar sunroof, blower does much more work and wears out. Got mine from A8 parts I think paid £45, checked condition before putting in and brushes and commutator were almost like new. Ask them to supply one from a car without solar sunroof as they will have more chance of being in better condition.
Old 26th July 2011, 11:18 AM

Thanks ainarssems, they must like you more than me, £50 no discount anymore either
Old 26th July 2011, 12:00 PM

Well that was about 2 years ago, prices have gone up on everything since then.