A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 20th August 2013, 12:41 PM

Default France trip

As i have just run the old girl in i'm taking her to France (South)

I was ringing around for breakdown cover and was told by one company that she's to old to cover and she carries too much risk for them. Oh right thats great news, talk about jinxing my journey and p-ing on my chips.

you'll be glad to know that if you have a new car that isn't going to breakdown they'll cover it for you, which is handy

Does it matter where i stick the GB sticker? I was going to stick it on the bumper but it's very low

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 20th August 2013, 01:11 PM

Dezzy, Try Saga breakdown insurance, (if your over 50 that is). I got full European breakdown cover for something like £62 for the year, as it was being promoted at half price. This was back in June though.
Hope this helps
David
Sony rear entertainment package.
Bose sound system.
Audi Navigation Plus.
20 inch Final Edition alloys
Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble :
1997 A8 Quattro Sport - Now sold when S8 FE purchased
Old 20th August 2013, 01:24 PM

Check with your bank fella, a lot of accounts have it as part of their current accounts.
Old 20th August 2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barzya8 View Post
Dezzy, Try Saga breakdown insurance, (if your over 50 that is). I got full European breakdown cover for something like £62 for the year, as it was being promoted at half price. This was back in June though.
Hope this helps
David
Thank's David But i'm just a boy they'll not let me in , the AA will cover me for just over 100 notes..... for 10 days All done now.

Thanks Haggisuk i'll check with the bankers when i get back.

Old 4th September 2013, 11:33 AM

I'm back! Woo hoo.

Devon to Thonac and back, 2000+ miles and not many issues to write home about. She looked slammed as the rear tyres were inside the rear arches 5 up, boot rammed and roofbox (over) loaded.

Stinking of petrol that points right at the fuel module i had a nightmare fitting back in and when i brimmed it, it started to run out onto the forecourt. The boot was rammed and a lot of wieght over the inspection covers, when we got there and emptied the boot i gave the plastic cap a smack with a wood mallet and tightened up a touch, it seemed to work. But i'm sure it not quite right inside the tank, should have bought the bore scope ainar's posted ages ago.

Lost elec windows ,sunroof and indicators twice but turning of ignition and turning back on fixed that.

And after months of not giving any issues, engine start blocked by immobiliser, give me a break. Continually turning on and off while thinking why here and now, could have been a bit blue'er than that but worked in the end.

I've brought you all back something nice so pop over Friday and pick it up, kettle will be on.

Old 4th September 2013, 04:24 PM

Welcome back! always good to hear of a 8 making it safely back from a long trip. They are wonderful cars for long journeys, certainly better than hiring some econo-box abroad.