A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Fuel and Exhausts

D3 - Fuel and Exhausts Everything to do with getting fuel into the engine, and fumes back out again

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th March 2015, 08:09 AM

Default My A8 has died . . .

I found that I was duplicating part of this in:-
http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9665
I am now consoidating on this thread to try and save confusion(09/03/2015)

Today we had plans. We had planned to drive to Swindon and visit Guy, then we wanted to drive to Chepstow to visit a rather poorly old army friend.
I think the itinerary mileage must have frightened the car. Doing a two mile journey to collect two grandaughters and she cut out as I cleared a traffic light junction. Managed to coast to Halfords. God that steering is heavy without power.
Bought a can of easy start, sprayed the air intake, prayed and tried. She fired and ran for a second or so.
Our friend the RAC chap took 50 minutes to reach me. He was very clever and reported no fuel at the filter. SWMBO had filled her earlier with the correct fuel ready for todays travels. He tried the written in stone trick and slid under to thump the fuel tank, that resolved nothing. He plugged his bluetooth dongle in, switched on his laptop and did a scan. His machine could talk to everything but the ECU, it reported no communication. He then requested a flatbed, which took over two hours to arrive after a 20 minute journey from the driver's house.
The motor is now having a rest at our tame mechanics, hope they will find something simple (fat chance with my luck) today.
I'll keep you informed.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)

Last edited by tc4332; 9th March 2015 at 08:28 PM.