A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Trims

D3 - Interior Trims Seats, dashboards, plastics, everything inside the cabin

Old 25th March 2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottB5 View Post
I'll give the cable tie trick ago when I'm sat on the ferry after work.

This is the gap under my arm rest.

Any recommendations on what I can do with it?
I am considering removing the phone bits altogether and installing a wireless phone charger underneath it...
Old 25th March 2014, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyo View Post
Thats a different setup to the one under my armrests, I am guessing you have the single one. The connectors for the handset are different as well, so not sure what would sit on that.
Single one?

I got two arm rests if that's what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHe View Post
That's the Audi cradle.. You can get some adapters for iPhones, etc. but they're stupid expensive.

I've fitted two USB connectors to the back of mine and put a double USB charger underneath spliced into the rear lighter socket, works a treat, nice and neat, and you can just push the cables back into the cubby out the way.
I'd rather clip something in.
I'm going to try and stay away from cutting holes and such in this one.
I'm semi obsessed with OEM kit, so want to try and keep it all OEM the best I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audifin View Post
I am considering removing the phone bits altogether and installing a wireless phone charger underneath it...
I like that idea a lot.

Going by this link, I got a Gen II phone prep.
Audi Nokia Phone Cradle - Stoke Audi Parts

Nice list of compatible Audi cradles here.
http://www.stokeaudi-parts.co.uk/cat...Phone-Cradles/

I do like the look of this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280559947299
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 25th March 2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottB5 View Post

I do like the look of this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280559947299
You'll be surprised how few modern phones support Bluetooth rSAP that is required for that... the latest MMI FW 5570 adds a lot of the same Bluetooth functionality anyway (contacts, dialled numbers etc. are transferred from the phone). Or you could buy 5 year old Nokia with rSAP support and use that with it
Old 25th March 2014, 10:19 AM

or just get a cheap cradle and a cheap phone and leave it while still using the bluetooth connected to my current phone?

Cheaper holder.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351028466233

Cheap phone.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281289644279

Done.
The whole is filled and I got no exposed connections............But the Audi phone looks better.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161251961494
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.

Last edited by ScottD3; 25th March 2014 at 10:29 AM.
Old 26th March 2014, 07:08 AM

First off, will this fit in the middle phone holder with the correct cradle?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161251961494

Secondly, sorted out my cup holder but I got a bit carried away.

1, remove the ashtray and lift the wood trim up. Even without like that the wife is still convinced its different to the rest of the wood.

2, Take a look at the dirt and find out it was a smokers car at some point.

3, with the cup holders out and the tray removed. Time to find out what's happening and how dirty it is.

4, £1.25 stopping it from opening.

5, Got a bit carried way and did a full strip and clean.

While taking the LEDs out I slightly damaged one of the cables.

Easy enough to fix but annoyed with myself.

Tonight's job is to polish up the wood to see if I can remove some light scratches and clean the rest of the bits that's in the car.
I think I'm going to remove the other holders and ashtrays to give them a clean and remove the sticky residue from their past.
Old 27th March 2014, 05:43 AM

Default Other ideas

The other option is to remove the phone holder and install the bluetooth phone module instead.it leaves some holes, so you may want to also replace the cubby hole as I did (they take a while to turn up on ebay)

The phone module lives under the carpet in the front passenger footwell and is fairly easy to replace, just needs a replacement connector installed. If ollowed this guide

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showpost....87&postcount=1
The bluetooth module is part number 4e0862335 and you can get the, on ebay every now and then for about £150
The replacement cubby hole part number is 4E0863075D has no holes but took about a year of waiting before I got one from germany in the colour I needed

2004 A8 3.0 TDI Sport Brilliant Black
Came with: Black Valcona/Alcantara Leather, KESSY, rear blind, flappy paddle gear change, Phone Prep, TV
Added:Bluetooth, AMI, Hybrid TV, Parking plus, Ski hatch, towbar, DAB, Umbrella Holder, Reversing camera, Auto lights, Wheel refurb
Things to fix: Turbo fault, power drain
Old 27th March 2014, 06:20 AM

Thank's for the info Somerandomguy.
I'm thinking of getting a cheap cradle and leaving it, they seem to be about £5 on ebay.

I got a BT in the car already and works flawlessly with my HTC, no really need to do anything with it I think. Its just that empty space. lol
Old 2nd April 2014, 10:17 AM

Chatting to my dad about mobiles and what I'm trying to do, he said he has two 6020/6021 phones in a box not doing anything that I can have.
I went on ebay and picked up a 6020/6021 cradle for the car.

Just got to wait on the phone now.

Going to take the bin out and give it a proper clean.
Old 6th April 2014, 06:36 PM

Well today I did install a wireless charger, decided to put it behind on-off switch so that I can decide whether it stays on when ignition is turned off.

To finish it off I am planning to make a new bottom panel with a cut-out for the phone, which would then stop the phone flying around too. Does anyone know where I could buy suitable material for that? Ideally it should be similar fabric as the tray is now. Have tried eBay but not much luck...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140406_192017.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	383.8 KB
ID:	7716  
Old 7th April 2014, 06:31 AM

The trays are flocked aren't they?
I don't think its something you can buy and stick on.

how close to the pad does the phone need to be?
Could try some none slip mats?