A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 24th June 2021, 05:49 PM

Default dear dear me people

well 1 issue wth the RS6 was the + terminal on the battery was only half on and was tightened to strangle point, when i pointed it out =149 point check?
they ignored me along with all the other issues
i got nowhere £50,000 later

Colchester Approved errr NO NO NO thankyou
Old 24th June 2021, 09:14 PM

To be fair I don't think there is much actual approval in any used Audi, buyer beware and take everything at face value!
Old 24th June 2021, 09:39 PM

Default i know its really bad

Audi UK were no help either
Old 24th June 2021, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto View Post
Audi UK were no help either
That's precisely because they're an entirely separate organisation - with no meaningful connection with the retail dealership conglomerates, other than the brand name (whatever that means these days).

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 25th June 2021, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto View Post
my thoughts on,,, Colchester Approved Audi Centre
i bought my RS6 from them
i had a few small issues with it and questioned the 149 point check

they were Rude, and Not bothered at all
they have No aftersales people

they might have well said WE HAVE YOUR MONEY NOW GO AWAY !

stay away from them at all costs

i fixed the bits and bobs myself
===================================
That'll be Essex Audi then which includes Chelmsford and Southend too. I can't offer an opinion on their new and used sales but the Chelmsford (where I live) service department are appalling. They've just moved from a rundown unit on a grotty industrial estate usually inhabited with 'traveling folk' to a huge shiny purpose built dealership on the site of an old Wickes warehouse. Chelmsford Audi is the dealer that this chap dumped his TFSI A5 outside for months if you remember: https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/57...ebuild-problem

The saga is documented on here but to condense it... I took my D3 S8 there for a seemingly simple recall on the sunroof whilst in for some new brake pads. After a few trips back and forth to them attempting to perfect the misalignment, they said I'd have to pay almost £3,000 for it all to be stripped out and a new sunroof cassette and motor fitted. Nobody could seem to grasp the simple point that my car was absolutely fine before anyone from Chelmsford touched it, and I'm now expected to pay for all sorts of work.

The service manager (Kevin Sweeting) was useless, the regional business director (Darren Thompson) was rude and unsympathetic, Audi UK weren't much better, and as a last resort I tried to email the managing director of Audi UK using the same format as all their email addresses (joe.bloggs@audi-uk.com, for example) and within half an hour got a call from his assistant who put me through to him. In contrast to the dealer, he was extremely sympathetic and could not do enough to help me. He put through an order to Chelmsford to fix my car as soon as possible whatever the cost and give me a loan car (new D4 A8 at the time) for however long it takes for them to get my car to a condition I consider perfect, and sent me a few goodies as well.

Southend Audi, in contrast to Chelmsford, I know first hand are very helpful and knowledgeable for servicing, parts and used sales.
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8

Last edited by Conquistador; 25th June 2021 at 10:40 AM.