A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 12th December 2021, 01:46 PM

Default F1 2021

Looking for a positive here but al least we won't be subjected to more whining from Horner et al
Old 12th December 2021, 03:25 PM

How much did Latifi receive from Red Bull?

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 12th December 2021, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4332 View Post
How much did Latifi receive from Red Bull?
He certainly won't be on Merc's, or Lewis's, Xmas card list after that - bloody typical that it's a Merc customer team that manage to interfere in the championship result

I was surprised by the stewards not telling Lewis to give the place back to Max on lap 1 (Lewis left the door wide open, so although Max's move was a total divebomb that needed Lewis's cooperation to not cause a crash, Max did for once manage to stay within the painted lines whilst completing the move, unlike Brazil!)

Merc were completely stuffed whatever they did when the SC came out - if they pit Lewis, Max gets track position, then if what you'd expect to happen from race control had happened, they'd have gifted Max the win.

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 12th December 2021, 04:58 PM

It's difficult to take this sport seriously when you see it being run like this.

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 12th December 2021, 06:16 PM

Apparently the stewards have okayed the outcome (how else could they do it? Strip a title? Not likely) so I suspect there will be further arguments to come regarding rule books and interpretation therein.

PF late '97 D2 2.8 Aluminium Silver. Solar roof, Full Heated Leather, Double Glazing, 17" wheels, Sports Steering Wheel, Cruise, Blinds, Bose sound.

Fiat Tipo diseasel econobox with all the buttons and none of the soul that now does all the heavy lifting.

Ford Capri Laser: noisy, slow, thirsty, bouncy, no buttons but it always sounds like it’s REALLY trying and I can’t help but chuckle when it parps and boings along. And people of a certain age stare at it with a wistful look in their eyes that clearly says…I had one of them. And I sold it because of the kids
Old 12th December 2021, 06:49 PM

It was a terrible way to end the season.

Safety Cars happen and almost always end up giving an "unfair" advantage to someone. In this case both the VSC and full SC each gave a significant advantage to the second-place (at the time) car which was Verstappen. After that it was very likely he would win.
There will no doubt be arguments about that, but it's been the same all season - and longer. Ripe for review?
Another area that will probably be looked at before next year is what work can be done during a "Red Flag" break in track action.

The decision to unlap the cars that Hamilton had already passed but Verstappen hadn't and "let them race" for just one lap at the very end seems more perverse; not sure that's consistent with previous practice but it's been upheld (for now anyway) despite its inevitable outcome.

The lap 1 incident, as I see it, Verstappen only stayed on track by coming to almost a complete stop and turning sharply at low speed. So he lost a lot of time due to his "lunge/dive" or whatever you call it.
Hamilton also lost time due to being forced off track and going across the runoff area, he almost certainly didn't get through the corner faster than "normal".
So both drivers had a sub-optimal corner and lost time, but Verstappen lost more. He was never going to get round the corner normally anyway, so the "no action" decision seems sensible, given it was him that created the situation.
The net result was that they were still in the same order, both lost time, cars behind were closer and the driver who created the situation was relatively slightly worse off.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 12th December 2021 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12th December 2021, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
The decision to unlap the cars that Hamilton had already passed but Verstappen hadn't and "let them race" for just one lap at the very end seems more perverse
Especially as, something I hadn't realised at the time, ONLY the lapped cars between Hamilton and Verstappen were "released". Those further back were still there. I don't recall that ever happening before.
I do remember situations where the "back markers" were not yet catching up with the "pack" before the safety car came in, but not a situation where only those between the front 2 cars were moved out of the way.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 12th December 2021, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
The decision to unlap the cars that Hamilton had already passed but Verstappen hadn't and "let them race" for just one lap at the very end seems more perverse; not sure that's consistent with previous practice but it's been upheld (for now anyway) despite its inevitable outcome.
Nobody seems to have mentioned that the lapped car behind MV, Ricciardo, separating him from Sainz chasing in 3rd, was not asked to unlap himself, so MV also had no worries about being attacked from behind.

Something stinks
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Old 13th December 2021, 12:10 AM

Earlier this year I cancelled my Sky F1 channel.
Now I have given up, no more F1 for me.
I'll make do with the Golden Flash on the M6!

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 14th December 2021, 09:55 AM

Two days later and I’m still incensed by how that ended.

After nearly 30 years following the sport I think I’m done with F1. I can’t explain it, but the actions from Sunday have extinguished the flame for me. Maybe I will feel differently when the new season begins?

Right now, I would love for Hamilton to retire and walk away from the sport. I have a feeling this may have killed his love for the sport that he has given so much to.

1988 E30 Coupe - Royalblau Metallic

2003 S4 Avant - Light Silver Mettalic

2016 S5 Coupe Black Edition - Ibis White