A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior Electrics

D2 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 29th November 2021, 05:26 PM

Default Heat difference between recirc and ram air

When Auto is engaged on the Climate Control, it never seems to get that warm in the car even if you set it to high [HI]. I had a play with my controls last night whilst warming myself with the seat on Arctic Mode 6, and discovered that if I set it to Recirc (either of the two buttons with the circular swooping arrow to the right icons) and I get hit with Saharan levels of warmth. Switch it back to full Auto and I hear flaps moving and the temperature goes back to reasonable warmth levels.

Any ideas?

P.S. I do have a replacement control panel ready to fit. Ordered this from Maria a few months ago, as my climate control sometimes lights up like an Xmas tree when I start the car, so perhaps it's that.
Old 29th November 2021, 05:39 PM

Sounds like a sticking flap rather than a control panel issue? Are there any codes logged?
Old 29th November 2021, 06:24 PM

Sticking flap sounds like a distinct possibility, judging from the noise I heard yesterday.
I haven't performed a scan recently so I'll do that. I remember that it complained about at least 2 or 3 of those flap motor thingies last time.

I might try and run an 'output test' for the aircon section on my OBD Eleven app/dongle to see if that livens things up a bit.

John G