A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Engine Bay

D2 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Old 23rd July 2014, 07:25 PM

I think we now have success. I had been trying everything and would appear to be nothing more than a broken wire in the throttle body connection. I had the ignition on and was fiddling around with the connecting cable and I could hear the throttle body moving. I checked inside and the ABS and traction control lights had come on. I cleared the lights and did it again and the same thing happened. I checked and found a broken wire. A simple fix. So, after all the pain, agony and total ballsache of changing this and that and trying every fix under the sun it turns out it was down to just one broken wire. Would you believe it.

It would appear that the ABS and traction control lights would come on as a result of this broken wire but the EPC light was triggered by the faulty fuel pressure regulator. Anyway, everything is hunky dory and has been driving fine for the past week. Phew!
2001 D2 S8. Volcano black. KW Variant 1 coilovers. EBC Turbo grooved discs with Yellow Stuff pads. 19 inch R8 replica wheels with 255/35/19 Michelin Super Sport. In the UK, 1990 Audi 90 2.3 20v Quattro with just 65,000 on the clock and in mint condition.
Old 23rd July 2014, 08:48 PM

Nice one, I bet your glad, shows that sometimes it's the simple things eh.

Old 24th July 2014, 08:36 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

I love a happy ending!

Great news.
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 24th July 2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Laird View Post
I love a happy ending!

Great news.
+1

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 25th July 2014, 11:22 PM

Well done! good to hear it was a simple fix.
Also good to know Audi's step by step troubleshooting procedure works.
I hate those un-resolvable mysterious faults.
Old 18th August 2014, 06:48 AM

Latest update: everything is still fine. So the problem has been resolved once and for all. Fitted a new set of injectors last week and they made a difference. Going like a dream now.
2001 D2 S8. Volcano black. KW Variant 1 coilovers. EBC Turbo grooved discs with Yellow Stuff pads. 19 inch R8 replica wheels with 255/35/19 Michelin Super Sport. In the UK, 1990 Audi 90 2.3 20v Quattro with just 65,000 on the clock and in mint condition.