A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Trims

D3 - Interior Trims Seats, dashboards, plastics, everything inside the cabin

Old 5th August 2014, 08:00 AM

Default Footrest/Dead Pedal

Has anyone ever changed the dead pedal for something a bit more sporty/grippy?

The chrome and rubber combo of the standard one in my Mk2 TT offered far more grip then the one in the A8 which is pretty much smooth.

I'm not really bothered about aesthetics of it or the pedals (thought the TT ones did look well), but I would prefer getting something with more grip.
Old 5th August 2014, 08:08 AM

Spray some of this on it?
http://www.plastidip.co.uk/eStore/in...r_Grip&stage=1

Does the peddle covers from a RS6 fit the 8?
They got chrome and rubber rest, brake and throttle I think.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 7th August 2014, 07:43 AM

I had a quick look on ebay yesterday to see if any were of a similar shape, but got nowhere.

I'll have a look at an RS6 one and compare to mine.
Old 7th August 2014, 09:23 AM

I thought the plastic footrest looked a bit cr@p and got a local engineering firm to manufacture one in aluminium treadplate using a spare rest as a template. Unfortunately they only had standard aluminium checkerplate /treadplate which has approx 25mm "square" 5 bar checkers which is a bit industrial. Its ok but not really right. They had satin finish smooth plate but that would scratch badly after a while. Still looking for something whcih would match TT type pedal (which I haventgot yet either!)
Old 7th August 2014, 09:32 AM

Just need a sheet of steel/ally, cut some slots out of it and put rubber bits in them. Like all the others.

I had a mate who was going to make me one cause he makes them for the S3s but sadly he passed away so that's not going to happen any more.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 7th August 2014, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottB5 View Post
Just need a sheet of steel/ally, cut some slots out of it and put rubber bits in them. .
Exactly. but its getting the right material cut and shaped and then getting the right rubber strips attached so that it looks good.

However, there is a possible solution in the offing......
Old 7th August 2014, 09:37 AM

Yeh, finding the rubber bits would be the problem!
Old 7th August 2014, 09:41 AM

What about a VW Phaeton one "modified"? http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-2006-Vo...-/161120189434
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 7th August 2014, 09:44 AM

Something like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380952409930
Old 7th August 2014, 09:50 AM

Seen all those but I wanted something that replaced the entire plastic piece. I removed the plastic bit which wraps around the carpeted piece and got the fabicators to produce that entire footrest which I then, having removed the plastic one completely, glued on instead. Fixing a ally plate to the existing footrest is not what I want.