A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Body and Exterior

D3 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 11th February 2014, 02:42 PM

Default 01548 - Sensor for Parking Aid; Rear Right

Apologies for yet another error code question. I did think about putting them all in a single post but figured it would make more sense if I posted singly.

01548 - Sensor for Parking Aid; Rear Right (G206)
009 - Open or Short to Ground

01547 - Sensor for Parking Aid; Rear Mid-Right (G205)
009 - Open or Short to Ground

Annoyingly a fault on the rear locks the module out so that even the front doesn't work and I never noticed how lazy I have got and how much I depend on the parking sensors. And I will admit to having my car washed at the local 'Eastern European' car wash with their reliance on pressure washers so only myself to blame I guess!

Am I correct in thinking the sensors affected will be 3 & 4 counted from left to right when looking at the back of the car; i.e. offside & adjacent one to the left?

Is it easy to get to the multi pin connector(s) to give them a 'wipe' before I pronounce both sensors dead?

Do the sensors themselves come out easily and/or does the rear bumper have to come off? If so how?

Any hints/tips/gotchas or other advice would be much appreciated.

I have a few more questions but figured I might be patient and wait for any responses on this little lot to die down first

Thanks again & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
Old 13th February 2014, 04:32 PM

Don't blame the 'Eastern Europeans', these cars can easily cope with jet washers, unless sensor is not sitting properly and there will be more water going behind it than usual.

Lay on your back and look up if there is connector. You may not see it as there is fairly big/long return on the bottom of the bumper so you may have to get your hands dirty. Or ask Eastern boys, they don't mind getting hands dirty.

Main control unit is in the boot where the front and rear connects to, but that's not where the problem is.

I can't remember, but the rear bumper isn't a piece of cake to take off, battery out, boot edge trim, wheel arches ??

And yes to your question if its the no 3 & 4 sensor if you stand behind the car.

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 13th February 2014, 06:44 PM

See attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1645.jpg
Views:	855
Size:	460.5 KB
ID:	7306   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1646.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	516.1 KB
ID:	7307  

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten