A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Body and Exterior

D3 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 5th April 2016, 12:53 AM

Default pdc Again!

After with the help of marcin I managed to sort out my front sensor issues few weeks back. Now the problem has re-occurred but slightly different. When I put it in reverse the graphics show as if I am very close to hitting something on the both rear sensors, with the constant beep!!! argh Is that sensor or the actual unit? please help. How hard is it to change the rear sensors?

cheers

Last edited by H-M3; 5th April 2016 at 12:56 AM.
Old 5th April 2016, 05:34 AM

sounds like sensor, vcsd will be able to tell you which one
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 5th April 2016, 02:56 PM

thanks. Is it a bumper off job for the rear sensors too? or can they be accessed via under the car without?
thnx
Old 8th April 2016, 06:51 AM

Hi,

I believe it's a bumper off job.

You can often tell which sensor it is without VCDS by doing the following:

- turn on parking sensor
- walk around the back and touch each sensor
- all working sensors tend to have a slight 'click' to them that you can feel by touching them if they detect movement
- any sensors that are broken usually don't have this

Good luck

Oli

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group
Old 8th April 2016, 09:07 AM

You can do the rear by removing a support screw or two at the bottom of the bumper so you can flex it a bit. Still bit fiddly though.
Old 8th April 2016, 12:24 PM

Cheers guys, gonna see my lovely friend and Guru Marcin hopefully tomorrow so will get his eagle eye experience and expert advice