A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 22nd March 2016, 06:54 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
It's unlikely that they have the capability because if they did I would suspect that they would know about component protection and done it already but here's hoping for you.
So turns out after they had it all day that they couldn't do it. Gave me any amount of excuses and reasons. They have folded and said they will pay audi to do it.
This has took 5 trips to the garage Inc 2 half days holidays from work to finally get them to admit they will use audi to sort problem. Not happy.

Thursday all will be sorted.
Old 8th April 2016, 11:50 PM

It's now the 8th and only just now has the changer been fitted. What a slog. Anyway it's done. It works. Now for mmi upgrade and sat nav maps update.
Wish me luck.
Old 10th April 2016, 07:57 PM

I too have just had to do the same thing after swapping out a broken CD changer for a second hand unit,

I popped to Vindis Audi in Cambridge where they removed the Component Protection for free for me so I was chuffed with that.

I now have a fully working CD player too happy days.