A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Everything else

D2 - Everything else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 9th February 2022, 07:15 PM

Default Unwanted esp activity

Hello i recently did some service to my d2 a8L 2001 including d3 s8 front brakes and replacing cv boots. On the fist test drive after all this I noticed the esp light would flash and cut power when doing moderate to wot acceleration. This will happened around 60 mph even tho the car has full traction. I have no reason to believe this has anything to do with the work I did but as always it is strange when things show up like this just after. I have checked the steering angle sensor output and abs sensor output with obdeleven and all seems fine does anyone know what the issue could be or how to diagnose this? I have 2 intermittent coded in my ABS module 01435 and 01203 alltho the latter one is probably because of a cluster issue I have. Anytime I leave the car over night I come back to a bunch of missing message from cluster codes and clock reset i also have a intermittent brake pad warning light even tho the pads are new but I have not investigated this further. What parts are involved in this system other than steering angle sensor and abs sensors? ESP module? ABS module? Yaw sensor? Also I was trying to log the signals when driving around 60 mph but the abs module stops communications after around 15 mph.

Last edited by Fredde; 9th February 2022 at 07:22 PM.
Old 9th February 2022, 07:52 PM

Wheel speed sensors. I'd guess you've either got some dirt in the tone rings on the outer CV joints, or disturbed some dirt / rust / metal particles on the end of the ABS sensors when you removed the joints.