A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Engine Bay

D2 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Old 17th May 2022, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audifan View Post
impact sensors for the air bag.
Not in the front of the D2. The control unit under the dash handles longitudinal impacts and it has side impact sensors at the base of the B pillar
Old 18th May 2022, 08:56 AM
Banned

Quote:

Heating resistor?
gold object in last pic of first post
Old 18th May 2022, 08:33 PM

It's a load resistor because I installed LED bulbs for my turn signals. I have four of them installed but my turn signals still blink too fast because I have LED bulbs for the front fender turn signals and haven't bought load resistors for those.

My mods: Oxblood red interior, LED interior lights, D3 ignition coils, new window tint, tip steering wheel with new S8 emblem, mk1 TT steering wheel air bag, mk1 TT 6 speed shift knob, new shift boot.
Old 18th May 2022, 08:56 PM

I know US car lighting rules are a bit different to here in the UK, but is there much point in LEDs for indicators?

I've only put LEDs in my reversing lights (for extra brightness) and what we call front sidelights (or position lights) to better match the HID/Xenon headlights.

I did try the numberplate illumination for a while but the LED bulbs didn't last and with the yellow rear plates we have in the UK were rather pointless. The OEM bulbs are bombproof and last for ever!

I did change my front indicator bulbs for silvered ones to lose the "fried egg" look, but that's all. Might have done something similar for the side repeaters too but don't recall what.

(Lots of LEDs in the cabin, but that's a different tale...)
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 18th May 2022 at 08:59 PM.
Old 19th May 2022, 09:01 PM

I don't think there is a point to have LED for the indicators but we do have vehicles here in America with all LED exterior lights. Heck we have ass holes here in America that drive with their high beam headlights on

My mods: Oxblood red interior, LED interior lights, D3 ignition coils, new window tint, tip steering wheel with new S8 emblem, mk1 TT steering wheel air bag, mk1 TT 6 speed shift knob, new shift boot.
Old 20th May 2022, 12:04 AM

Quote:
I don't think there is a point to have LED for the indicators but we do have vehicles here in America with all LED exterior lights. Heck we have ass holes here in America that drive with their high beam headlights on
We have some of those in the UK as well.
I even came across an advanced driving instructor telling students that they should drive with high beam at all times on motorways (freeways). He didn't understand when I suggested he gave up his driving licence.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)