A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 4th May 2012, 11:00 AM

the leads i bought have different colours,

it will be obvious when you look at the lead and pins, 2 of them for video, + and -

the other 3 are left and right and one for negative,

these should be all 3 pinouts

aux1
---------------------
video - 13
video + 12

audio(L) 10
audio(R) 11
audi0 - 9

aux2
----------------------

Video + 18
video - 19

audio (L) 16
Audio (R) 17
Audio - 15

OUTPUT
-----------------------------

Video + 5
Video - 4

Audio (L) 7
AUDIO (R) 8
Audio - 6
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 4th May 2012, 12:45 PM

i noticed on the install instructions it says to remove the tuner, you dont need to do that, just drop down the nav dvd unit (undoing the bolts that hold it to the car) and you can reach in and take out the red 20 pin connector.
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 4th May 2012, 02:03 PM
Banned

Ah ok thank you very much i will give it a go tomorrow when the weather is better
Old 4th May 2012, 02:17 PM

one bolt each side, the right hand one is hard to see as it faces upwards to the car body, only takes 10 minutes,

after youve done it you can test it by putting any av source in to the vide socket and change to aux 1 on the mmi

if you cant see it, go in to setup and change from pal to ntsc and back again

Old 4th May 2012, 02:20 PM
Banned

Thanks i will let you know how i get on tomorrow
Old 5th May 2012, 12:04 PM
Banned

I cant get it to work for love nor money !!!! i have put the video inputs 12 and 13 and nothing so i tryed them in 18 and 19 and still nothing, audio works fine but the video is coming up with a scrambled lines on the screen and i have tried to reverse them incase i got the polarity the wrong way and nothing, i have tested the camera in the house pluged into the Tv and the picture is of high quality and works great but why wont it work in the car is there some thing in a hidden menu or anything i have to do to enable it ?
Old 5th May 2012, 02:44 PM

so when you switch to aux 1 you get snow?

did you try going in to setup and making some changes?

Old 5th May 2012, 05:42 PM
Banned

yes i went into set up and changed a few thing and i also went from pal to ntsc and back again to see if that worked but nothing, i think the video lead must be faulty because the audio input works fine and its the same procedure to fit the video cable,

i dont understand. its not snow its like white screen with a load of lines in it almost like a bad earth or some thing but i have checked every thing and changed it into av2 instead and its just the same, no matter what i do

i have tryed phoning the company but no answer so i will have to wait till tuesday now,
Old 5th May 2012, 05:54 PM

mine did something similar, drove me mad, but started working after i played with the setup

you could try rebooting the mmi, and trying a different input device

Old 5th May 2012, 06:07 PM
Banned

i tried a DVD player and it was still the same and i have left it for a while thinking that when i come back to it it will work but nothing, have not yet re-booted the MMI what do you hold down to do that i cant remember ?