A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 17th February 2014, 04:21 PM

Question Mic & VC not working

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

Hi
Long story short, I lost driver for bluetooth/telephone module during MMI update (can't connect via VCDS to the module, no bluetooth, no phone). After 14months of looking for the correct module with exactly same SW number I've received new module few hours ago.

Straight swap, phone connects with no problems, can view phone book, I can make the calls and I can hear the person on the other end BUT they can't hear me !!!!!!!!!!

How frustrating is that??? I'll tell you, I almost turned the car upside down and hurt my wrist after punching the steering wheel !!!!

I've checked all the possible phone, call and bluetooth settings on the phone (Sony Xperia Z Android) and can't see anything obvious.
While on the call I can switch between (option on the phone screen): Bluetooth device (in-car handsfree, mic not working), Speaker (phone speaker, caller CAN hear me but whole conversation is through the phone not car speakers) or phone's earpiece (same, they hear me, conversation via phone not car speakers)

Everything was in full working order before I lost the driver/module.

Come on guys, I know you can come up with some fix !!!
I believe in you....

Thank you

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten

Last edited by M-A8; 18th February 2014 at 04:17 PM.
Old 17th February 2014, 05:29 PM

...just tried same thing with another android (Samsung Galaxy S4) and nothing, can make the call and hear other person but they can't hear me !!!!

Previously when it went wrong I was using iPhone 4S if that helps.

Cheers guys

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
Old 17th February 2014, 05:40 PM

I can't remember exactly where the option is, but there is one for either the speech system or another related module that if you turn that on, it disables the mic for phone, but can't remember where.

I know.. I know..

Old 17th February 2014, 06:00 PM

Cheers pal
Is that in MMI or VCDS??
I looked all over MMI and found a function to switch the mic on and off. Nothing

Restored default settings

No fault codes in Telephone module

One guy said he went to Audi and they had to reinstall bluetooth driver!?!?!
What do you think guys about that, have you done it before and do you have one by any chance

I've got the latest SW

Is reinstalling risky?? I don't want to lose new module again, really really frustrated atm.

Also I changed the coding as it was coded for Germany so changed 1 to 2(UK)

Another thing I've noticed, see attached, sticker says SW......... F as twas my original SW and what I have to replace with but VCDS shows SW.......... M?!?!?!?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1741.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	821.2 KB
ID:	7360  

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Old 17th February 2014, 06:02 PM

Going back a few steps did you run the updates more than once as I have heard others talking about having to run the second disk more than once to update the bluetooth module.

Its for that very reason I have chickened out of updating mine, if it aint broke, don't fix it....

Although I do find it hard to resist.

Have you got a vcds scan from back when it was all working and compare your coding to what you have now?

Old 17th February 2014, 06:21 PM

The thing I'm afraid of is reinstalling anything to do with phone or MMI, my pants are full already and I've changed quiet few dippers already.

I'm trying to get hold of my scan from over a year ago before it went wrong, but its kept on another laptop 150miles away, but the owner is on his daily MMA training so I'm eating my nails as he is not picking up his phone, like he couldn't wear a bluetooth earpiece !!!!

In coding you can change only 3 digits, one is mmi high on standard, second is car with MOST or without and third digit is country selection, so not much choice.

What is that MOST???

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Old 17th February 2014, 06:43 PM

MOST is the Fibre optic ring, (Media Oriented Systems Transport)

Old 17th February 2014, 06:47 PM

My one looks slight different

Here's my coding

Address 77: Telephone Labels: 4E0-910-336.lbl
Part No SW: 4E0 910 336 M HW: 4E0 862 335
Component: Handyvorb2 H13 1130
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: 00000007580460
Coding: 0010900
Shop #: WSC 00019 210 80940
VCID: 2C57EBA98F7F7778AC3

Last edited by Delboy; 17th February 2014 at 06:50 PM.
Old 17th February 2014, 06:56 PM

So I do have MOST then

Why in your codding second digit from the end is 0 if that's the country selection and UK is 2 ??? 1-Germany and 0 was I think rest of the world??
Picture I attached earlier was taken before changing coding to UK

VCDS shows M but label says F and it was sold as F...and F is the only one which could fix my problem because lost driver modul MUST be replaced with same SW ???? So looks like mine is M which really drives me insane now, but it ALMOST works, could that be the reason??? Do I need to match the mic now which would make no sense as mic is a mic, not rocket science ??

Mic can't be faulty because vag would throw a fault about Microphone Rsomething.

I'm off to my Round Table meeting now, I'll be back in 2h.

Any input guys will be very much appreciated otherwise I won't be able to sleep, last night because of aches after 6h clean, tonight because of that bloody phone !!!!!!!!

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Old 17th February 2014, 07:02 PM

Couldn't say why mine is coded that way, it just is.

Why would you have to use a specific software or hardware revision, I can't see the car being that fussy it has to be exact as modules get superseded all the time.