A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D2 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 11th May 2018, 09:04 PM

Default Possible stupid MOST question

My car came specced with a DTV Tuner but at some point it got removed, I’ve ordered a replacement unit which arrived today but I can’t find a spare MOST Optical cable in the left side of the boot. I noticed that the cables are ‘twin core’ so I presume one is the optical ‘in’ to the Radio tuner and the other is the loop back to the head unit.
I found (in left side of the boot) another MOST plug with a bare end, do I need to remove one of the optical cables from the Radio tuner and fit it into the random plug I found then loop that back to the head unit?

If so, does it matter which way round they go?
With Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System, Advanced Parking System, TV Analog/ Digital, Rear/Back Window blinds, Front and rear heated seats, Alcantara Roof, Extended leather Pack 2, Extended Aluminium pack, Carbon and Aluminium trim packs, RSE, PS2.

Jobs done so far;

Fitted an RS Steering Wheel, Fitted 15mm wheel spacers, Lowered 10mm with VCDS, Reinstalled factory DVB, Unlocked VIM, Updated MMI to 5570, Fixed Factory Bluetooth Phone, Fitted heated fan-spray washers, Installed Bluetooth DAC For Audio, Added projection Puddle lights, Wind Deflectors, Fitted Apple TV to all 3 Screens, installed car WiFi, Fitted Custom vortex Exhaust

Old 11th May 2018, 11:04 PM

Run one end from radio to tv tuner and then back to radio tuner again to form a loop, i don't think it matters which way it's all just a big loop.
Old 12th May 2018, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jza8 View Post
Run one end from radio to tv tuner and then back to radio tuner again to form a loop, i don't think it matters which way it's all just a big loop.
Ok thanks, how does one remove them from the clips? Just yank it or is there a method?
With Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System, Advanced Parking System, TV Analog/ Digital, Rear/Back Window blinds, Front and rear heated seats, Alcantara Roof, Extended leather Pack 2, Extended Aluminium pack, Carbon and Aluminium trim packs, RSE, PS2.

Jobs done so far;

Fitted an RS Steering Wheel, Fitted 15mm wheel spacers, Lowered 10mm with VCDS, Reinstalled factory DVB, Unlocked VIM, Updated MMI to 5570, Fixed Factory Bluetooth Phone, Fitted heated fan-spray washers, Installed Bluetooth DAC For Audio, Added projection Puddle lights, Wind Deflectors, Fitted Apple TV to all 3 Screens, installed car WiFi, Fitted Custom vortex Exhaust

Old 12th May 2018, 07:05 PM

I fiddled with them a while ago, can't remember now, but pretty sure you don't yank them out, there is some sort of blue clip that you have to pull out iirc
Old 13th May 2018, 01:10 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jza8 View Post
I fiddled with them a while ago, can't remember now, but pretty sure you don't yank them out, there is some sort of blue clip that you have to pull out iirc
Awesome, thank you

Jobs done so far;

Old 13th May 2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip2786 View Post
Possible stupid MOST question
Bit late on this but the important thing is that:-
No question is stupid.
If you do not know the answer then ask.
Someone here will answer

It becomes stupid when you do not ask and the car dies.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 13th May 2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4332 View Post
Bit late on this but the important thing is that:-
No question is stupid.
If you do not know the answer then ask.
Someone here will answer

It becomes stupid when you do not ask and the car dies.
It was only a stupid question because I thought I already knew the answer, I just wanted my hand held

Jobs done so far;

Old 13th May 2018, 05:21 PM

I like your honesty, Chip.
But that proves my point.
It's only stupid when you know the answer for deffo!!!

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)