A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 27th August 2014, 08:56 AM

I thought about that, but they won't illuminate.
They would have to be wrapped only from one side, face, unless the joint will be just on the edge and slightly melted down, which is an option, like here where the edge of wrap was melted down with a hot round metal bar

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 27th August 2014, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A8 View Post
Cheaper option, which wouldn't be so bad, as long you fit it straight onto chromed paddles and if the actual extensions were made from chromed stuff as well....but, they would look horrible inside A8 no matter what, at least this shape
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Metal-Stee...item3ce6f9749b
Ewww, I'm not a fan of those, they look nasty, something a little more subtle would be better here in my opinion.

I have the paddles in my car and I thought this was standard across the board, but after speaking with ScottB5 he mentioned that not all of them have them at all So presumably adding paddles would be whole much bigger ball ache than changing the existing ones for better chromed up versions. Is there something inside the cowling of the steering column which would allow someone doing the retro fit on their car, or is it not possible

Regards, Mark.

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com
Old 27th August 2014, 10:01 PM

As a large group of A8 Owners is there not such a thing a "Trade Thread!" on here, where each member lists down their location and trade and from that should someone in east London have a leaking sink, then the trade directory of the owners gives away who from the club that can help...

i only say this as on the previous MLR Evo thread that I was part of we had fabricator and from this various members were making roll cages and harness bars made to the spec of the club members request, it was very cool as the people who wanted them designed them, and the club members in the trade had them built and sold them to the members for a little over cost. Do we have any fabricators or metal workers here, if so I have to say I like the design of the S7 / RS7 one's and if there was a vote for a design choice to have some made then I'd select them

Regards, Mark.

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com
Old 27th August 2014, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A8 View Post
so £318 for a pair
Bloody hell... That's daylight robbery. They're just two plastic micro-switches with a bit of bling on them. I won't be investing... I'm out !!!
Old 28th August 2014, 01:10 AM

LordHefner, I've often thought about that style of thread.
Worth starting one, sort of a networking thread I guess.

I agree lee. It's ridiculous.
You can buy a whole steering wheel for about £400.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 28th August 2014, 07:29 AM

So are these for our cars? How do they fasten on?
I always assumed they were part of the steering wheel assembly.
http://www.oemplus.com/shifter-paddl...v2-p-1089.html
Old 28th August 2014, 07:49 AM

Disconnect battery
Airbag fuse out
Airbag cover out
Airbag out but don't need to disconnect
Slide out the steering wheel button
Undo torc screw on each side
You are done.
Fit new paddles and follow same process in reverse order

I'm waiting for a price from my supplier in Germany
Plus price for facelift boot lid
Chromed steering wheel buttons

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 28th August 2014, 12:54 PM

Damn... Those OEM chrome paddles aren't even ALL chrome... They're only chrome on the front. The back is still black plastic... And they want £300 for them?? No way....
Old 28th August 2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottB5 View Post
LordHefner, I've often thought about that style of thread.
Worth starting one, sort of a networking thread I guess.
No worries I'll start one later one this evening, not only the benefit of being able to use people you trust but it's another way of getting to know the make up of the people we have on here.

Regards, Mark.

Future Plans:

Planned Mods:

Old 13th October 2014, 10:09 AM

Are those prices definitely right?

I found this from an old thread online, part numbers and prices for the S8 paddles. Surely they haven't gone up from £50 to £150?

4E0 951 527 K 3Q7 - £53.51
4E0 951 527 L 3Q7 - £53.51