A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 17th March 2012, 06:17 PM
Banned

Lightbulb Coding the Auto boot to close and open via the door button

well im sure all D3 owners wander why on earth you can open the auto boot with the button by the fuel filler cap button but can not close it, this has me wandering if i can code the button to think and act the same as pressing the button in the boot instead thus making it both open and close via the same button ?

any one out there thought of this or even have any idea of how to approach it ?
Old 17th March 2012, 06:24 PM

When I fitted my new boot opener motor on Monday and worked out how to set the key so that the bootlid opened from the door switch I was so disappointed to find that the door switch didn't close the bootlid down.

I certainly would be interested in the answer

Nite Blue 3.0L SE Quattro
Old 17th March 2012, 06:26 PM

The boot button in the boot is wired to a different place on the controller from what I saw on one of the audiforums retrofit threads. Could maybe hack something to do it but would involve running cables the length of the car

I know.. I know..

Old 17th March 2012, 06:26 PM
Banned

well rest assured im working on a solution all ready
as for a car of this stature not to be able to close via the same button really is in my opinion very silly
Old 17th March 2012, 06:28 PM

all is not lost theres a module you can buy from kufatec , thing it was about 140 quid

will check
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 17th March 2012, 06:29 PM

My A7 Sportback has a button on the key that opens the boot but it doesn't close it so the same issues really. You have to push the button on the bottom of the boot lid to close it again, which is just daft!

Anyways I was talking to CraigyB who said he had found a solution. Kufatec make a small remote receiver that is wired in to the boot switch wiring somewhere in the boot and it enables you to open the boot on one press of the button and then close it again on 2 quick presses.

Link to the unit for the A7 is HERE.

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs

Last edited by Architex_mA8tey; 17th March 2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 17th March 2012, 06:29 PM
Banned

well im thinking that if i can track the coding that it uses when the button in the boot is activated and use it against the coding that is used when the button is pressed in the car then i may be able to trick it into thinking that when you press the button in the car it actually thinks that you have used the key fob remote to open the boot and thus double pressing it again will close it ?
Old 17th March 2012, 06:31 PM
Banned

yes please Neil if you can send me detales that would be great
Old 17th March 2012, 06:32 PM

http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/produc...udi-A8-4E.html

£120
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 17th March 2012, 06:37 PM
Banned

so that only works with the remote then not the button in the car ?
so with my keyless entry and start i would still have to get my key out of my pocket and press the button twice to then close the lid that i opened from with in the car ?
or will that work with the button as well ?