A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 22nd September 2017, 08:43 PM

Default Check for vehicle, part or accessory recalls

You can use this service to find out if a safety fault has caused a manufacturer to recall:

cars
motorcycles, quadricycles and tricycles
caravans and horse boxes
child car seats
seat belts and harnesses
tyres
components and parts
agricultural equipment
lorries, buses, coaches and minibuses
You’ll need to know the:

manufacturer
model
date of manufacture
https://www.gov.uk/check-if-a-vehicle-has-been-recalled
Old 22nd September 2017, 09:05 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Neat. Thanks

Seems to be no recalls for the facelift D2 A8 (they don't separately list the S8, even though they do list the S3, S6 and S7).

I did notice this, applicable to some PF D2s though:
Quote:
26/11/1997 ----- R/1997/075 ----- AUDI ----- 80, A4, A6 & A8 ----- unscheduled deployment of drivers air bag ----- 01/01/1995 ----- 31/12/1996
"Unscheduled"!?!

Closely followed by an unscheduled bowel movement no doubt!!
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 22nd September 2017, 09:29 PM

That would certainly cure constipation
Old 23rd September 2017, 08:42 AM

I had a recall done on my S8 early on in my ownership for a faulty park interlock on the gear selector - from memory the cable could slip in its guide and you wouldn't be able to get the car out of park.

I think it was a manufacturer led recall, not a coded one through DVSA though so not surprised it doesn't feature

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 26th September 2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
I had a recall done on my S8 early on in my ownership for a faulty park interlock on the gear selector - from memory the cable could slip in its guide and you wouldn't be able to get the car out of park.

I think it was a manufacturer led recall, not a coded one through DVSA though so not surprised it doesn't feature
I had mine done too when I first serviced the car at Audi many years ago - and it does feature on the site under A8's HERE

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 26th September 2017, 02:49 PM

Indeed, but mine being a 2002 raises questions over whether they incorrectly
Believed it applied to mine, or if more vehicles were potentially affected?

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC