A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Transmission

D2 - Transmission Gearboxes, diffs, drive shafts.

Old 2nd May 2014, 06:10 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

But any chance of an answer on whether you're coming to the Annual Meet or not?
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 2nd May 2014, 07:34 AM

when and where?

Old 2nd May 2014, 07:55 AM

Seriously? It's June 6-8 in Tyndrum, Scotland. See http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6856
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 2nd May 2014, 08:14 AM

Should i have known?

No i will not be going to the meet! not my cup of tea! I have much better things to do with my time i don't understand why you lot do meets

Old 2nd May 2014, 08:59 AM

In January, in response to an invitation from me by PM, you replied "Sounds like fun"

I replied "It will be. Do you think you'll make it?"

You replied "Will have to see closer to the time as my work commitments suck big time but all in all ill try my best"

So, yes, you not only should have known, you did know, and you've ignored me ever since! I thought my memory was bad!

But thanks for letting me know; there are still 5 others that said that they were 'possibles' who keep ignoring my PMs. I think I'll give up and just assume they're not coming.
Old 2nd May 2014, 09:22 AM

Obviously i must have been very drunk as i cant even remember typing that

also i have many many forums in which i am subscribed to and responding to all the pm's from administrators is just not done so don't take it personally buddy its just not my thing

the only time i use forums is when i am stuck trying to fix something and most of the time i end up fixing the problem my self through trial and error and then posting my fixes so some other users can have it easy

this is my first A8 but i have owned A3's A4's Vw's Seat's mostly all diesel so i am new to all this petrol malarkey!

it must be hard work and very frustrating trying to organize a meet, not something i could do i tell ya! but good luck

Old 2nd May 2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGC View Post
i don't understand why you lot do meets
And you never will understand it until you do
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Old 2nd May 2014, 07:26 PM

been there done that

Old 3rd May 2014, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGC View Post
been there done that