A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Engine Bay

D3 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Old 12th June 2016, 03:00 PM

I have my car Terracleaned every year (as well as tracking checks twice a year). For the cost it's a no-brainer. Prevention is better than cure and all that... I'm keen to try the EDT as well but not sure where the closest person is to me for doing this. I guess I will have to call them and see. Where did you get yours done Tony? I don't mind travelling a few miles for a good service.
Old 12th June 2016, 03:45 PM

The thing to remember about Terraclean is that it's nothing but a really refined fuel, so it has very little chance of damaging the engine.

I had the EDT treatment done at Full Circle garage in High Wycombe. I thought the owner was a little cold and unapproachable but his son (who works at reception) and the mechanic were all really nice.

I had the Terraclean done at the former premises of Monster Sport Europe in Milton Keynes but they're not officially around any more. Nicky Finlayson has taken over the Terraclean for the area and is still in the process of setting up. In fact, that's why we met him at the old MSE location - he was building his van. I'm going to take my Volvo to him to change the front shocks soon. He used to prepare race cars at MSE, so I know my cars are in good hands with him. If anyone wants his details, let me know.

2008 Audi S8
Old 12th June 2016, 03:53 PM

Thanks Tony. will contact them as soon as I get this flamin' gearbox issue sorted.
Old 12th June 2016, 06:19 PM

Good write up Tony. Thanks for that.
Im still on the fence about all this voodoo treatment myself.
I think its one of those things you either do it and find out for yourself or dont and cry snake oil at whomever has it done. Haha.
Old 12th June 2016, 08:03 PM

I don't think it's Voodoo at all. My colleague had his ageing Mondeo done last week. It failed the MOT on emissions. Had the terraclean and hey presto. No more smoke out of the back, better throttle response and smoother altogether and best of all, economy up a few mpg, emissions right down and MOT passed. How can that be snake oil?

Although you get good results on cars that have never been cleaned, I do it once a year in the belief that keeping it clean initially will prevent things from coking and sooting up in the first place. For about £100 it's the cost of one and a half tanks of fuel once a year. Hardly a bank breaker.

Last edited by Lee S; 12th June 2016 at 08:05 PM.