A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D4 > D4 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D4 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 20th May 2023, 12:41 PM

Interesting, did you have any other issues or just the thunk?

I just picked up a similar car to yours but the ride is awful compared to my old d3 or even my d2!

Seems to feel every little bump or ripple on road, hates holes and speed bumps or ramps in roads…..

Took it to my local vag Indy who couldn’t see anything immediately wrong with it, couple bushes were a little perished but nothing excessive in terms of play. On test driving they experienced the same unsettled ride, i don’t like it’s feel on turn in to corners either almost feels like it wants to skip, making me think it’s wheel/tyre but it had a complete set of new uniroyal rainsport5s for its mot end of April although I did notice on inspection report the tread depth was off on one wheel compared to others
1990 2.3 20v 7a Coupe Quattro

**SOLD** 1996 2.6 v6 cabriolet, Isis red metallic
**DEAD ** 2009 D3, 3.0tdi sport, black

Had a few Audis over the years, mostly early stuff, newest was a D3 prior to my D4, nothing much kept me smitten with other marques so I floated about a bit from one thing to another until that four ring lure caught hold