A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Engine Bay

D2 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Old 30th January 2012, 02:39 PM

Yes that's whole unit, looks like they do not sell motor separately.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 30th January 2012, 03:14 PM

I had 1 of these but i've just given it to A8 Parts for posterity reasons
Old 8th March 2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
the heating doesnt seem harmed by not having it running.
Just coming back to this, I've been running with the pump disconnected for a while now. The only effect is that on a cold day the cabin doen't heat up as quickly (or the windscreen demist rapidly as I don't have an electrically heated one on the S8 - just on the Focus!), so I guess the heater circulation isn't as good as it ideally should be.

Think I'm going to finally contact A8parts and see if they'll sell a motor on its own at a sensible price..
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 28th July 2012, 12:59 PM

Default Problem disconnecting rest motor.

Have had the aforementioned problem a while. Have tried to locate to connections to the motor, but without any success. Can anyone put a picture on here to help please? Have also tried to locate the motor housing from inside the car via removal of the glovebox. Yet again came to a dead end as the only box i can seem to find is the housing for the relay circuits. Any help would be grateful, thank you..
Old 28th July 2012, 02:31 PM

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012_002.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	4105

Name:	2012_07_.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	4106

Name:	2012_07_ (1).jpg
Views:	319
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	4107

Name:	2012_07_ (2).jpg
Views:	320
Size:	198.6 KB
ID:	4108
Old 28th April 2013, 02:58 PM

Smile Resurrecting an old thread.... UPDATE

Afternoon all.

I was afflicted with this same infernal noise which started around 2 months ago on my A8L (FL). I knew it was heating related as it started a couple of seconds after ignition on.
After switching off all heating though, I could still hear it. After reading through the forums, and in particular the posts from IT and HPSauce, I was able to locate the two plugs disconnected the purple one. Oh my goodness. What a relief it was!

So I'd like to pass on my thanks to both of you, as it has really been bugging me. Having looked at the cost of replacement, I think I will forego the luxury of heating the cabin after the engine has been switched off.

For scooter68, I've attached some pics.

My old man had the ingenious thought of cutting the fingers off of some latex gloves, and placing them on the two 'open' connectors, which should keep them nice and dry for a while. Never thought I'd have mini Durex on my beloved A8L!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2013-04-26 17.20.08.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	309.9 KB
ID:	5948   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-04-26 17.20.12.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	262.0 KB
ID:	5949   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-04-26 17.20.17.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	275.2 KB
ID:	5950   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-04-26 17.21.23.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	333.1 KB
ID:	5951  
Old 28th April 2013, 11:18 PM

12v aux water pumps are getting popular on modern cars and aftermarket ones such as Davies Craig. maybe one of these would fit??
Cheers Dave

2002 S8 silver with black half leather
2000 d2 S8 in Racing green pearl, RS4 manual gearbox,
2003 A4 avant TDi
1997 Volvo V40 2.0T
1992 Mazda eunos v spec
1976 Reliant Kitten
1965 Porsche 911
Old 6th November 2016, 11:31 AM

Just resurrecting this thread (there are others roughly in parallel, but I started this one ) for James' (RS6) benefit.
This started with a PF S8 (and James has an FL) but as I said in another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Funny thing is my PF S8 had the connector there, but the FL didn't so I cut the wires (and sealed appropriately).
Later found what was "probably" the relevant connector under the central air intake mesh.
For reference my FL thread is here, it gives "some" information on how to find the wires and where to cut them if you can't find/verify the inline (purple?) connector.
The connector onto the pump body was pretty inaccessible. http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7247

Thinking back, I had the central mesh off a while back (looking for possible access to the dreaded scuttle drains ) and noticed a purple connector there, seemingly in the loom to the Auxiliary Coolant Pump. As mine was already disconnected I couldn't check/test.

But if (like James) I had that problem now that would be the first thing to try; get that cover off press "REST" and open that purple connector.
If any one who has an FL and can (maybe just with the bonnet up?) hear their pump wants to test that and report back it would be of general interest.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 6th November 2016 at 11:38 AM.
Old 9th November 2016, 06:56 PM

Mercedes Benz CLS 500 - Sold
Corsa VXR Nurburgring - Sold
RS6 Avant Grey - Sold
Seat Leon Cupra R - Sold
Old 9th November 2016, 07:39 PM

Sorted yet James? If so exactly how?