A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 21st February 2018, 01:27 PM

Default 9 spoke D2 alloys - surplus to requirements now

I'm unlikely to use these again (they were on with my winter tyres from 2011 to 2015..), so I'm considering putting these on eBay, but thought I'd offer these on here first.

They're 18" rims, not 20s, and not OEM - but only Ian/IT noticed when I swapped my 20s for these, and they're in good, but not perfect, nick: two of them have visible nicks, and all have very minor markings, but they still look pretty good when on the car.

I'd be happy to accept £150 for the four of these without centre caps or tyres, and would consider selling these with the centre caps (as shown) and/or tyres as well for slightly more than this price, if anyone is interested in those: PM me if interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	18%22 9 spoke D2 wheels.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	862.0 KB
ID:	18019  

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 21st February 2018, 01:33 PM

They could also be of interest to drivers of smaller Audis, do you have access to any of the other forums (where I sometimes lurk) such as AudiSRS, RS246 and even S2forum?

If not I could put links there? You'd need to specify the ET and rim width too..... (and manufacturer/type if known)
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 21st February 2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
They could also be of interest to drivers of smaller Audis, do you have access to any of the other forums (where I sometimes lurk) such as AudiSRS, RS246 and even S2forum?

If not I could put links there? You'd need to specify the ET and rim width too..... (and manufacturer/type if known)
Thanks Andrew, I don't, so feel free: I also think - but don't know for sure - that the ET and rim width are the same as my other wheels (20" FEs, and 18" Avus and W12 rims), as they just bolt straight on. Or is it more complicated than that?

(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 21st February 2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
Or is it more complicated than that?
Yes.

People with other cars will want to know the PCD (presumably 5*112 like normal D2 wheels), the rim width (e.g. 8", 8.5", 9") to check body/suspension clearances and tyre sizes and finally offset (ET) to see if spacers are needed.

Most wheels that fit straight on a D2 will be around ET45, but the exact figure should be stamped on the wheels.
And I think 18" Avus are usually 8" whereas FE's are 8.5" from a D2 or 9" if from a D3.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 21st February 2018 at 05:31 PM.
Old 21st February 2018, 07:36 PM

I would like to know width and ET please Also, are they multi-fit (2 sets of holes) or just 5x112?
Old 21st February 2018, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
I would like to know width and ET please Also, are they multi-fit (2 sets of holes) or just 5x112?
They're multifit, and I've yet to confirm the width and ET: they were running on 245/45/18 Michelin PA4s, if that helps (now fitted to my W12 wheels, which they'll stay on)

Edit: details from the back of the wheel as follows: 18 x 8J ET36 (might be 35? - it's hard to see), PCD 112.

Last edited by tintin; 21st February 2018 at 10:04 PM.
Old 21st February 2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
they were running on 245/45/18 Michelin PA4s, if that helps
Not really, 245/45/18 would normally be on 8" wheels, but can fit both 8.5" and 9".
Old 22nd February 2018, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Yes.

People with other cars will want to know the PCD (presumably 5*112 like normal D2 wheels), the rim width (e.g. 8", 8.5", 9") to check body/suspension clearances and tyre sizes and finally offset (ET) to see if spacers are needed.

Most wheels that fit straight on a D2 will be around ET45, but the exact figure should be stamped on the wheels.
And I think 18" Avus are usually 8" whereas FE's are 8.5" from a D2 or 9" if from a D3.
Quote:
Not really, 245/45/18 would normally be on 8" wheels, but can fit both 8.5" and 9".
18 x 8J ET36 is all you need to know, they're multi hole so will fit loads. Don't need to ask PCD they've come off a D2 so have to be 5x112 in one set of holes or they'd have not come off an D2 or any other VW group car from around that era. They'll fit A3, A4, A6, Seat, Skoda, Vw. obviously with 225x40x18

Just advertise them as 18" 9 spoke, multi hole replicas. for 150 notes. If someone wants to know the manufacturing codes, who made them and where, will they fit a Austin Allegro ect buy genuine wheels straight from the dealer.

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 22nd February 2018, 08:46 AM

If they are multi-fit the second set of holes is usually 5x100 - which means they will go onto things like the MK1 TT, the A3/S3 MK1, Cupra R, etc... loads of opportunities for sale.

List them on the facebook marketplace and you'll get a bite quickly
Old 22nd February 2018, 08:48 AM

I'll take em