A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 4th February 2017, 06:52 PM

Default No Right Indicator

Lost the right indicator today.

I could indicator left but not right. Taping the indicator to go right and nothing will happen (felt like a BMW Driver!!), if I lock it to indicate right, it will eventually indicat left.

Did this for about 20 minutes of the trip. Then it stopped and started working right.

No fault codes.

Anyone experienced this?
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 4th February 2017, 07:17 PM

I have an intermittent problem when indicating right. When I move the stalk up, for right, it briefly signals left then right as normal. Then when the stalk returns to the centre it activates the convenience 3 flash left. **** it's annoying! I think the stalk is faulty and have a spare waiting to be fitted. Thankfully it only does it at start up when the stalk is first used.

You can use measuring blocks to see if the right signal command is being sent from the steering wheel module.

2004 A8 3.7q, 1998 A4 2.8q, 1994 Coupe 2.8q SORN,
Old 4th February 2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylondon View Post
I have an intermittent problem when indicating right. When I move the stalk up, for right, it briefly signals left then right as normal. Then when the stalk returns to the centre it activates the convenience 3 flash left. **** it's annoying! I think the stalk is faulty and have a spare waiting to be fitted. Thankfully it only does it at start up when the stalk is first used.

You can use measuring blocks to see if the right signal command is being sent from the steering wheel module.
My thinking was the stalk when it did it first time 3 years ago.
Today was the 2nd time in 3/4 years.

If it becomes more common, I'll take VCDS with me.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 6th February 2017, 06:12 PM

I carry VCDS with me all the time. It is in the boot, trickle charging whenever the engine is running.
Just have to remember to bring it indoors now and again for Windows and VCDS updates.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)