A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 27th August 2010, 07:42 PM

Default Dream Spec D2 for sale

Sadly, I just cannot keep both cars. Financially it doesn't work, nor logically.

So if anyone is interested I am going to make Ian's old car available to forum members.

Its one of a kind and quite possibly the best specified D2 in the world, more so then any final edition.

10 Disc DVD Changer
RNS E
TV
6 Disc CD Changer
Xenon Plus Lights
Driver & Passenger seat memory
Extended Leather Pack III
Blinds
Bose
Solar Sunroof
Fully electric 10 way adjustable S8 rear seats (Not offered in the UK)
Heated seats front and rear
Rare maple wood trim
Rear view camera with auto switch on reverse
USB connection in armrest
Audi genuine bluetooth
Auto dimming side and rear view mirrors
20'' Final Edition wheels
LPG
Has had its gearbox reconditioned not long a go (£2.5k) it was also serviced by Ben @ AVP recently. All receipts to back this up.

I'm not in a rush to sell, so if someone really wants it. I can hang on to it for a coupla' months. There are a few issues, the front discs and pads are worn which I will have changed & any other issues picked up and sorted before sale by Ben. I am also getting the cam belt changed from Ben for piece of mind. I have pampered this car, never red lined it or put anything but V Power in to the petrol tank. Ian told me it was the best D2 money could by, and he should know! To be honest, stepping in to my S8 after being in this it does feel lacking somewhat.
If you price up how much it would cost to get a standard D2 up to the spec of this one, its scary...! When Ian put this car up for sale, he said it won't be cheap. But what I can promise is it will be alot cheaper then getting a standard D2 S8 up to this spec and less then I paid Ian for it just 1.5k miles a go. (Have a go at pricing the extras if you don't believe me, not to mention the LPG conversion at £2k)

I'm not going to lie to you, I haven't fallen in love with this car yet, and that's why its better to sell now then grow attached to it.

If anyone here is intrested, please drop me a PM there is a very good deal to be had and a D2 like this won't come around again!

Some threads on the car:

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1392

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1544

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthrea...light=invertor

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1640
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds

Last edited by Singh; 27th August 2010 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Add on an extra.
Old 27th August 2010, 08:44 PM
daz.g

Are you getting the green one back on the road then Amar ??
As much as I wanted to rob bits off it ,it would have been a real shame to let it die......
Old 27th August 2010, 08:56 PM

Hi Daz, I'm not sure what exactly I'm doing with that car yet. I'll keep you all updated on that but don't want to drift to off topic on the for sale thread.
I do need to release funds though and will only have one car, I can't afford both!
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
Old 8th September 2010, 10:32 AM
goodspirits

Hi All,

New to this site, was on Audi-Sport.net looking for an D2 S8 and was told to look over here by Mr K, inparticularly this thread. This will be my 1st Audi, after having a string of company cars, followed by a classic Scooby,(that broke my heart at bedford Aerodrome), and a Boxter that lost 12k in value in just 3 years.

I have always been a massive fan of this car and am looking for a good example of this marque.

Sorry but am a little confused about the car you have for sale Amar. Is it the green one in the pic.... Must say it has an awesome spec. If its still up for sale can you please get back to me with Pics and Price.

Thanks

Vik
Old 8th September 2010, 12:37 PM

Hi Vik and welcome to the forum.

The car is an A8 4.2 quattro sport in ming blue running a full S8 setup. Engine,Gearbox and Diffs. The performance on this car is no different to the other S8 that I have (green one). However it has the biggest spec on any D2 I have ever seen, including options that were never available in the UK.
I wouldn't be happy selling it just yet as it has a missire on idle, I want the car to be in 100% mechinical order with a 12 month MOT before it leaves me, it should be ready in the next week or so. I can PM you more details. When are you looking to buy?
Old 8th September 2010, 01:02 PM
goodspirits

Hi Amar,

Thanks for the warm welcom and the speedy reply, I have been looking for about a month now and am in no great hurry. Really looking for the right car rather than just the cheapest V8 to join the club. Please do PM with pics and details if poss, and will give you my contact details.

Thanks again

Vik
Old 13th September 2010, 12:09 AM

*Bill sticks nose in for first time in ages and curses the fact probate takes ages, BAH"

God luck with the sale

"Being in touch with your feminine side" - The ability to, in the 30 seconds following a major accident, obtain your wifes approval for replacing your big german car with another "because otherwise we'd be dead".

See also sulking for two years until she finally allows you to get another purely on the basis of your current one being the wrong colour.
Old 17th October 2010, 06:57 PM

The car is still for sale, I've given first refusal to a forum member who has been holding on for a while now. It now has 12 months MOT the only advisory was a control arm which really isn't that bad but I will replace that too, and I will ensure its a great example for the new owner, I'm even going to get the front bumper sprayed up because of stone chips.

Only problem is that is needs a new head, now the plan was to take it of the green one. Seeing as that is no longer possible what would be my best plan of action? How much is a head from Audi? I need to get this sorted asap.

My new car will be a MK2 Golf or a Ford Focus, time to start building that no claims.
Only problem with the Golf is I can see myself putting a lot of money into it, making it look nice and smart but the Focus will save me lots. I was going to get an A1 but the insurance is nearly the same price as the S8!
Old 17th October 2010, 07:40 PM

Civic Type R? Nutty little thing but awesome fun!
Old 17th October 2010, 07:52 PM

A8_Doc, make it your M5 and we have a deal.

In all honesty, this car cost me £8.5k, and Ian sold it me cheap as it needed new discs and pads that was also without the S8 mirrors and grills on it after replacing the head and the brakes etc it would have cost me £11k? I want to recoup as much money as possible whilst offering a good car and a fair deal to the new owner, I'm already out of pocket after my other car got stolen so the £4k Honda would be to little for me I'm afraid, looks like a cracking car though
I also had a breather changed and brand new spark plugs from Audi fitted, not cheap!