A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 24th February 2014, 09:11 AM

Just to round this off, I acquired a set of the H&R Trak+ spacers in 20mm per side for a very reasonable price from Euro Car Parts using a discount code from the AudiSRS site. They came in at £71.81 including delivery.

Very well packaged and supplied with a TUV approval from Germany and some suitably detailed instructions.

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/attachmen...1&d=1393236347

As a manufacturing engineer I actually prefer the thought of spacers retained by separate bolts and the wheel then bolted to the spacer. So long as all bolts are correctly torqued and the threads in the spacer are correctly machined it's no more likely for a wheel to fall off a spacer than it is off a hub. With longer bolts at these sort of spacer widths I would be concerned about the quality of the bolts used and whether they were up to the job. Not saying they can't be, mind!

Some before pics showing how inset the wheel looks:

Did the nearside one first and it bolts up nice and tight and square to the hub.

It looks a little odd here as the car hasn't been moved so the suspension is sitting funny and the wheel is sticking out further at the top than in normal use.

After moving the car they settle to this position:

I took Nollywood out for a run in the car after fitting them and there were no issues with clearance. I do need to load the car up and check again, but I'm hoping the stiff sidewalls of my Michelin Super Sports will help here! If they rub at all they will come off as I don't want to machine a groove in my expensive tyres, thanks very much!

We were loosing the light by this point so I didn't have a chance to grab a pic of the old girl's new fat ass

Have left these as links rather than embedded pics as they're coming up HUGE again when I preview the post!

Adrian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3242.jpg
Views:	740
Size:	455.6 KB
ID:	7426   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3243.jpg
Views:	743
Size:	442.2 KB
ID:	7427   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3345.jpg
Views:	763
Size:	433.0 KB
ID:	7428   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3346.jpg
Views:	746
Size:	359.6 KB
ID:	7429   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3347.jpg
Views:	767
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	7430   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3348.jpg
Views:	735
Size:	340.1 KB
ID:	7431   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3349.jpg
Views:	778
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	7432   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3350.jpg
Views:	733
Size:	213.9 KB
ID:	7433  

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 24th February 2014, 09:14 AM

Looking good man, You mentioned you took Nollywood for a run after to check for rubbing, are you trying to tell us something

Old 24th February 2014, 01:31 PM

That looks just great and just what I was looking for.. Is the discount code still available?
Old 24th February 2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
That looks just great and just what I was looking for.. Is the discount code still available?
Yep, go here:

http://www.eurocarparts.com/search/983440791/p/home

and if that link isn't working for you type in product code 983440791

when you go to checkout put in audsrs25 and it'll knock 25% off

Price has gone up a few pounds since I ordered but they still come in about £75 with free delivery

Adrian

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 5th April 2014, 11:03 PM

when you buy these do they come in a set of 4, 2 or 1?

Old 5th April 2014, 11:07 PM

In pairs mate - just watch the width you order and double check if they're quoting size for one side or overall width increase. Anything less than 20mm per side is going to be long bolts so should have a different part reference format.

eta - if you can't find them on ECP site check amazon for a part number and if necessary call ECP up and get their own part number as they don't list them clearly on their own site

Old 5th April 2014, 11:25 PM

Thanks man, I'm having the 20's refurbed next week so was thinking of some vag com lowering with spacers when they come back.

Hoping the 20mm per side will fit the d3

Old 7th April 2014, 03:38 PM

Thumbs up At last...

After months of faffing, I've finally got these ordered. Look out for photos

Zip

2002 D2 S8: Ebony Black over Platinum. A8L Comfort front seats in black (), heated rear seats, extended Leather Pack 3, blinds, glass sunroof, MFSW, Dension Gateway 100 for iPod, ski-hatch, xenon plus, auto dimming mirrors, 20" FE wheels, billet aluminium 'brake block', gunmetal Brembo calipers

2005 B6 S4 Cabriolet: Ebony Black Pearl over Silver. RNS-E, Bose, heated seats, cruise control, retrofit aux-in, centre armrest, Milltek resonated exhaust
Old 7th August 2014, 01:55 AM

Default The perfect wheel setup?

So am I assuming the perfect setup for an Audi A8 D3 would be 20" x 9J with et35 offset wearing 255/35/20" tyres and then dropped about 30mm with Vag Com software before adding 20mm rear spacers and either the same or maybe just slightly less, possibly 15mm spacers on the fronts! Can I assume that this would give the most filled arches on a proper sized alloy giving full lock with out touching rubbing or snagging and give the car the perfect stance by pushing the wheels right out to the edge of the car! Is this what I need or can someone suggest any alterations to the above?

Regards, Mark.

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com