PDA

View Full Version : Quick windscreen question

Conquistador
17th June 2015, 03:22 PM
I'm after a part number for the D2 windscreen which has the purple/pink tint to it when the sunlight hits it. (Solar reflective?) Can't remember if it has the blue sun strip at the top but would anyone happen to know the part number?

I've had a look through ETKA but there are so many variants that I'm not sure which one I want.

Dave McB
18th June 2015, 02:33 PM
Im on the Audi dealer site just now -

Options codes are as follows;

L0R = RHD

Your options are;
PRCode: 4GH = Windshield in heat-insulating glass with sunshield
PRCode: 4GK = Laminated windshield with sunshield
PRCode: 4GM = Laminated windshield with sunshield and viewing window for vehicle identification number heated
PRCode: 4GN = Laminated windshield with sunshield and viewing window for vehicle identification number
PRCode: 4GP = Windshield in heat-insulating glass with sunshield and viewing window for vehicle identification number (GREEN)
PRCode: 4GU = Windshield clear glass with sunshield and viewing window for vehicle identification number

Heres a link to where the options codes can be decoded;

http://prsearch.planetvag.com/

According to Audi the PR code for the glass on the car is 4GP - L0R
Windshield in heat-insulating glass with sunshield and viewing window for vehicle identification number

Currently retailing at £353.89 less any discount available

Hope it helps +++

Conquistador
18th June 2015, 10:48 PM
Cheers Dave. Mine cracked spectacularly thanks to a big stone which an aggregate lorry flicked up.

Autoglass (through insurance) asked me if I needed the 'green' heated glass or the purple-ish solar reflective windscreen so just didn't know what the different variants are, but it seems as though they are giving me a choice. If solar reflective glass was an upgrade from the 'green' glass then I wouldn't mind some of that.

They also say all the windscreens which are listed on their system for D2s have the mirror mount on the glass and not the headlining where the mirror actually is.

Dave McB
19th June 2015, 09:58 AM
TBH mate im not entirely sure what 'green' means

I think the one that's on the car is the solar reflective type- I was half assuming the 'green' part means its a green tint at the top??

Adrian E
19th June 2015, 10:22 AM
They also say all the windscreens which are listed on their system for D2s have the mirror mount on the glass and not the headlining where the mirror actually is.

It sounds like all the ones they can see are for pre-facelift cars

I would ring Audi or TPS and quote your registration, ask for a part number and price for the screen and pass that along to the glass folk

If I remember correctly the reflective glass was only fitted on PF so you won't get around the mirror mount issue, plus it blocks GPS and mobile signals.

The standard glass will be coloured, but it's virtually impossible to tell what colour unless it's broken. You can try holding a nice bright/white piece of paper against the glass on one side and can then usually tell if it's a green or bronze tint

Read various nightmare stories about windscreen fitting and make sure they use the correct thickness material between the glass and the body to avoid squeaks! Also take before pics of your A pillar trims as they're not unknown to manage to cut through the material as they remove the old screen....

ainarssems
19th June 2015, 02:09 PM
Insist for a genuine Audi screen. I replaced mine on A6 last year, spent a lot of time on phone with Auto Glass and insurance company as insurance did not want to pay for genuine. At the end we came to agreement that I can have genuine one if I pay £100 excess instead of £75 and they told me to take it to dealer for replacement. Well worth £25 extra. They said Audi can either bill them directly for the job or I can pay myself and claim back from insurance later.

Conquistador
19th June 2015, 07:17 PM
Didn't know PF cars had the mirror mounted on the glass. Every day's a school day!

I could probably live with that mirror disc if they come out with a screen like that, I'd just mount a dashcam to it...

Architex_mA8tey
19th June 2015, 09:23 PM
From memory there also may be a special additional foam seal that needs to be used when the windscreen is out in or you will get creak and squeaks, can't remember if this is D2 and or D3 if anyone else can? +++