PDA

View Full Version : Suppliers of painted parking sensors?

Adrian E
26th August 2015, 09:57 AM
Hi folks

I've got an errant rear parking sensor (inner one) and since Avus silver isn't exactly common on an S8 I'm not bothering to look for used ones.

Car has had at least 1 sensor replaced in the past, where it's been painted by someone with Airfix experience (but not in a good way!)

Most new sensors on ebay seem to be non-OEM, which is fine so long as they work. I can get a full set of 4 for not much more than the price on 1 OEM sensor!

Has anyone ordered from a company called Dropedo in Germany?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alle-Farben-PDC-Parksensor-fur-Audi-VW-Seat-Skoda-Ford-Ref-Nr-7M3919275-NEU-/261875758727

At that price, including painting, they seem like a bargain but obviously if they're brush painted they may not look that clever!

The_Laird
26th August 2015, 10:06 AM
I think Brian has bought painted sensors in the past - I'm sure he'll be along shortly.

mikes2
26th August 2015, 10:11 AM
I just bought the unpainted ones and picked up a can of spray paint to paint them myself.

Sensors were only about £15 and worked fine

briang9
26th August 2015, 10:51 AM
I have bought a couple in the past, most recent was from here and paint is fine

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/All-Colors-PDC-Parksensor-for-Audi-VW-Seat-Skoda-Ford-Ref-no-4B0919275A-NEW-/261982224178?hash=item3cff5b7f32

Adrian E
26th August 2015, 12:12 PM
Cool - thanks folks. That's the same shop I found on ebay.de but slightly cheaper to buy off their German site in Euros, if the quoted exchange rate is correct.

Did they look to have spray painted, or by hand?

I've got a bill for a new sensor in the car file, but it went on the car unpainted at the request of the previous owner and the paint has flaked off quite badly. Last time I bought a sensor for our old A6 I bought OEM and had it spray painted so by the time it was fitted it must've cost me £150!

I have no skills with a paint brush/can/sprayer so if they're good quality I'd rather buy them pre-done by someone with the correct gear, or buy unpainted and get them done by a paint shop.

briang9
26th August 2015, 01:20 PM
looks to be sprayed Adrian, would say the quality is very good and way better than I could achieve with a can or brush

Adrian E
26th August 2015, 04:02 PM
Really good customer service from that German seller - sent an e-mail to get confirmation that these are sprayed in a booth and clear coated after. Had a reply really quickly and they asked for my VIN to confirm fitment. Invoice sent and paid by Paypal so hopefully they'll be on their way soon enough :)

Will post some pics when they turn up and are fitted

oldnick
1st November 2015, 02:52 PM
anyone know the audi part number ? presume all D2's are the same or is the FL different?

briang9
1st November 2015, 06:02 PM
should be the part number in the ebay link I posted

oldnick
1st November 2015, 07:46 PM
should be the part number in the ebay link I posted

tks , as you have a FL must be correct for me even if PF were different