PDA

View Full Version : Windows - fault or feature?

Cornershop
21st October 2015, 09:27 AM
Walked up to my car on Sunday morning and found all 4 windows completely lowered/open - doors were still locked, alarm armed.

Hadn't used the windows on Saturday, so unsure if i've hit a button or done something unintentionally to cause this - is there such a function, on the keyfob perhaps?

cheers
Shirish

HPsauce
21st October 2015, 09:31 AM
Happens to me quite a lot. :o Though my alarm often goes off too.
You probably had the unlock button pressed in your pocket while near the car.
That will unlock the car and open all the windows. It will lock itself again fairly quickly if no door is opened.

You can enable/disable the remote window open/close with VCDS.

To test yours is enabled open the windows, shut the car and press and hold the lock button. After a few seconds all the windows will start to close, but ONLY while the button is kept pressed.

Cornershop
21st October 2015, 10:29 AM
Thanks Andrew, really helpful! I did try pressing the unlock button, but maybe not for long enough.

Quite a strange option, i thought, especially on the unlock cycle - maybe useful on a hot day perhaps if the car's been left standing in the sun.

Freaked me out somewhat, i even checked the fuel gauge to see if someone had taken it for a spin :) Luckily, it didn't rain overnight!

HPsauce
21st October 2015, 10:36 AM
the unlock cycle - maybe useful on a hot day perhaps if the car's been left standing in the sun.No solar sunroof? ;)
That said I have one and still left the global open & close enabled. Can't recall if you can separate them...

Adrian E
21st October 2015, 11:06 AM
I wouldn't be able to get my car in and out of the garage without being able to wind the windows from the remote lol

On newer cars you can alter the way it behaves via the MMI, so no coding required