PDA

View Full Version : No High Beams

Chaz
23rd October 2015, 12:13 PM
Hi,

So bought my car last weekend and drove early Monday morning to my new role location. I can get brights if I pull back on the left stalk but putting it forward does not activate the high beams.

I found some information on another forum indicating that the USA cars are 'programmed' this way. Is this correct? Would this be the issue? What else could I check? Clearly the lights work, they just dont activate when pushing the lever forward to the 'on' position but work when you pull back at the stalk to 'flash' someone.

Thanks in advance.:Confused:

snapdragon
23rd October 2015, 12:15 PM
It is an option in the MMI that stops them coming on with Auto lights - they probably still work as you expect when switced to dipped manually.

Car>Systems>Exterior Lighting>Highbeams

Chaz
23rd October 2015, 12:23 PM
It is an option in the MMI that stops them coming on with Auto lights - they probably still work as you expect when switced to dipped manually.

Car>Systems>Exterior Lighting>Highbeams

Thanks. Should I be able to access this menu whilst driving or only when stopped? Might explain why I could not find it.

That said, I am 99% sure I tried putting it onto 'on' instead of auto, with the same results.

Will fiddle around later tonight / weekend.

snapdragon
23rd October 2015, 04:29 PM
Thanks. Should I be able to access this menu whilst driving or only when stopped?

I think the menu gets locked out over a certain speed. I seem to recall it as an option to change in VCDS, but mine must be set pretty high as it has never become unavailable.

Chaz
23rd October 2015, 09:17 PM
I think the menu gets locked out over a certain speed. I seem to recall it as an option to change in VCDS, but mine must be set pretty high as it has never become unavailable.

ok. thanks, sorted now.