PDA

View Full Version : An Update & New Wheels...

Singh
17th August 2009, 02:35 PM
Some of you may remember my thread when I picked up my S8. It had hardly any extras on it at all. Xenons and Sat Nav were standard on the S8. The only option it had was the TV Tuner.

Since then, I have done 9,000 miles and added. Bose, blinds, alcantra pack, av connection cables, drilled airbox, changed CV Boots added aero wipers and fitted black PF carpets. I am sure there is a lot more that I have probably missed out.

Now, my ultimate mod of this summer (of many, so watch this space!)

I just picked them up from Nigel on here. He had to sell as someone drove into the back of his car and wrote it off! See 'Do these fit D2s?' thread on this section of the forum.

They are from a D3 and are less than a year old, the thing I like about them is that they still have that original mirror finish being so new and not having needed a refurb like most of the final edition alloys that are now around. They look amazing with this 'mirror' finish and are in top condition.

Heres a before and after, I'm really pleased with them have wanted them since forever :D

Almost forgot, Coming from a D3 these are 275 profile and not 255 as final edition D2s are but there are no issues at all with this extra width.

Be intrested to hear peoples thoughts on them.

P.S Nigel - Thanks for popping them on for me mate +++

Before

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=383&d=1250519119

After

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=384&d=1250519119

Oli18
17th August 2009, 02:47 PM
I'm green with envy ;)! They look fantastic!!

-Oli

Architex_mA8tey
17th August 2009, 04:44 PM
I agree - the final editions look pretty damn fine! +++

Conan_the_Librarian
17th August 2009, 04:55 PM
Those wheels are in a different league. Again, Amar, the Dogs danglies. +++

Singh
17th August 2009, 06:21 PM
http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=385&d=1250530107

Thanks for the positive comments, thinking of these wheels was all that kept me going at work! Should my speedo be over reading now or under reading?

Edit: Need to get some better pics and a decent cam!

CliveH
17th August 2009, 06:51 PM
...very good! +++

other than the wider wheel and tyre, is there any difference between these and the D2 FEs?

gninnam
17th August 2009, 09:56 PM
Yep - agree, do look the dogs+++

What have you done with the old wheels and tyres ???

Singh
18th August 2009, 12:02 AM
Sold them to Adam (A8, mate) his mates going to put them on his A8. It worked out well because Adam only lived ten mins away from Nigel, so I popped my new wheels on then put these in the back and boot and dropped them off. Good to meet two new members too. +++

A8, mate!
18th August 2009, 08:25 AM
Yep - agree, do look the dogs+++

What have you done with the old wheels and tyres ???

Yeah sorry, I beat you to it!

Nice to meet you Amar. Really impressed with your car. In the flesh, a LOVELY colour, complimented well by the tints, and now by those awesome wheels. Bet it looks amazing after a proper clean. If you get it detailed post up some pics on here and TSN eh?

Rollin' well mate. Good work.

CliveH
18th August 2009, 08:54 AM
+++

Conan_the_Librarian
18th August 2009, 09:13 AM
Should my speedo be over reading now or under reading?

Edit: Need to get some better pics and a decent cam!

Should theoretically be running low on your real speed. Best is to run the car with a satnav unit that shows road speed and check against your speedo. If the speed you are showing on the speedo is less than your true road speed that is an MOT fail and is illegal.

Singh
18th August 2009, 11:16 AM
Ahh, well MOT this Thursday so I will find out, I hope it doesn't fail. Its never failed an MOT before although the back discs/pads look a little low..
Not letting my local Audi dealer touch it, even with the 'Free MOT' offer they are doing. Would rather pay for it and it came back in one piece, lol. The MOT station lets me drive it on and off the ramps and stay with it, think I may be being a little overprotective though. :D

Singh
26th August 2009, 01:15 AM
Does anyone know if I need to declare these new alloys to my insurance?

Conan_the_Librarian
26th August 2009, 06:32 AM
Only if they are not OEM. Wern't they on the car when you bought it!!!!! :cool:

Singh
26th August 2009, 11:01 AM
Actully, yes I think they were :D

Singh
26th August 2009, 04:52 PM
Missed this Adam, thanks. The colour looks a lot nicer after a detail. I am considering taking Thursday off work to get her looking her best for Sunday. I had to cancel the pro detail as I really need to start being sensible about how much I spend on the S8 & 335 (brought some new black line taillamps for it) and start putting some savings aside! (I plan to buy an old 80 TDI with the money in the next few weeks to pootle around in, I don't like leaving the S8 parked in supermarkets etc... so this will be my 'daily' anyone know of any going cheap? Running or non running. Let me know +++ )

Clive - Yeah, I really should but don't have a decent cam. Maybe we could get some good pics at Bens if anyone has a passion for photography?

Yeah sorry, I beat you to it!
Nice to meet you Amar. Really impressed with your car. In the flesh, a LOVELY colour, complimented well by the tints, and now by those awesome wheels. Bet it looks amazing after a proper clean. If you get it detailed post up some pics on here and TSN eh?

Rollin' well mate. Good work.

CliveH
26th August 2009, 05:47 PM
Clive - Yeah, I really should but don't have a decent cam. Maybe we could get some good pics at Bens if anyone has a passion for photography?

yea, we'll do that +++