PDA

View Full Version : Parking sensor cover, front bumper, silver

YorkshireBloke
25th June 2016, 09:49 PM
Hi,

An annoying little problem I knew about when buying is a replaced front parking sensor which is working but has no silver cover.

The previous owner said he had put in a new sensor and that a cover might be available.

Does anyone know if a cover IS available or, if not, how might make the appearance acceptable? Right now the front of the car looks like someone has a big spot on their otherwise handsome face...

Robert

H-M3
26th June 2016, 02:54 AM
spray job I'm afraid. rattle can and steady hands.+++

moltuae
26th June 2016, 07:35 AM
I don't think I've ever seen one with a cover; they're all just painted as far as I know. Whenever I've needed to replace any I usually just phone my local body shop and ask them to order a few and paint them for me, then I call in and have them fitted when they're done.

YorkshireBloke
29th June 2016, 09:53 PM
So, grip hard, shake and count to 100? Spray carefully... ;)

Adrian E
30th June 2016, 06:33 AM
I ordered sensors from these guys

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261875758727?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Give them your paint code and they paint and ship from Germany.

I still have mine waiting to be fitted, as the intermittent issue I was having with my rear sensors has stopped since receiving them! I will change them eventually as someone has (badly) hand painted a couple in the past and my pressure washer has taken some paint off them

moltuae
30th June 2016, 07:24 AM
I ordered sensors from these guys

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261875758727?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Give them your paint code and they paint and ship from Germany.

I tried contacting those guys a while ago after seeing them mentioned on here. I sent an email to info@dropedo.de and also tried messaging them via Ebay ... no reply. How did you contact them?

briang9
30th June 2016, 08:04 AM
Mark, I have bought a couple from them too, just stick the paint code in the "message to seller" bit when you pay

cheers+++

Adrian E
30th June 2016, 08:36 AM
I tried contacting those guys a while ago after seeing them mentioned on here. I sent an email to info@dropedo.de and also tried messaging them via Ebay ... no reply. How did you contact them?

I think I just emailed them too - maybe try using a different email account in case it's getting blocked?

They were good to deal with as I queried their painting process to make sure I'd be happy with the finish

I bought a set of 4 as even with painting they're cheaper than 1 from TPS, from memory

Adrian E
30th June 2016, 09:18 AM
Couple of sample pics of the ones they did for me

moltuae
30th June 2016, 10:34 AM
Thanks. Might give them a try next time +++