PDA

View Full Version : Front valance fastenings...?

Zip
1st September 2009, 09:10 AM
...the previous owner has obviously caught the occasional high curb with the front valance, as there are a couple of minor cracks right underneath and about a half dozen self-tappers holding i flush with the engine undertray.

I would like to tidy this up and get it more secure. The thought of one of the screws jumping out and screwing yet another tyre fills me with dread:(.

What was this originally fastened with?

Has anyone done anything different (cable ties?)

Cheers,
Zip
2002 S8

Zip
2nd September 2009, 09:45 AM
...anyone?

Ta in advance.
Zip

Conan_the_Librarian
2nd September 2009, 05:00 PM
Zip I have just done this on My S8. There are 2 methods of fixing the leading edge of the engine undertray.

Method one is via about 6 plastic screw clips which fit through holes in the the front valance ( you may not have any. I didn't) into the mounting points along the leading edge of the under tray. They are call Grip Pins, Lock Washers and Clips.
See here items 10, 9 and 8.
http://www.vagcat.com/p/B255/863250.png

Method 2 and the easier method is to fit the panel to the 2 'L' brakets from the radiator using items 12 and 7. The 'L' brakets are fitted with captive nuts. These are the same as are used at the back of the under tray (items 2 and 5). It also clips to the front of the inner wings (2 each side) using items 8, 9 and 10.

Part numbers are avalaiable on VagCat.com

tonupkid
2nd September 2009, 09:03 PM
Cable ties on mine.
Cheap, easy to remove, and replace