PDA

View Full Version : VAGcom connector for D2: is it different to other Audis?

YorkshireBloke
19th August 2016, 11:24 AM
Hi,

My pal with a fairly modern A6 has the software to diagnose fault codes and he is coming over to download from my A8 D2.

Is the connector / wire all the same or do I need some kind of adaptor? :Confused:

Thanks,

Robert

Professor Peach
19th August 2016, 11:33 AM
I'm no expert (in fact I'm a muppet), but I'm pretty sure they're all the same! +++

IT
19th August 2016, 11:48 AM
The ODB2 connector is a very standard fitment across all makes, not just the Audi models +++

Adrian E
19th August 2016, 11:58 AM
Very early versions sometimes lacked the correct space around the connector, which depending on the cable used meant it wouldn't always fit.

Some very old VW group vehicles with the ability to store fault codes pre-date the OBD2 standard, but not many

HPsauce
19th August 2016, 12:02 PM
Yes I had to trim the moulding on the cable end a bit (hot knife) to make it fit my PF D2.

YorkshireBloke
19th August 2016, 04:10 PM
Hi,

As mine Facelift I hope connnector will not need "adjustments "...

And of course the next thing will me me begging for advice about what the codes mean! :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Robert

homer simpson
19th August 2016, 07:43 PM
IIRC OBDII connectors became compulsory from 2000 in petrol vehicles and 2004 in diesel vehicles although fitted earlier on many makes/models

YorkshireBloke
20th August 2016, 09:07 PM
Hi ,

The download to the software showed NO engine faults - great news OR does "only" 50-ish parameters my friend could see not cover the engine?? :-(

My pal Steve reckons he can see 115 on his modern A6. :-(

Anyhow, check of belts showed no greying or cracking, guys who helped me think I could leave them "if I like playing Russian roulette "

Thanks lads. :(

Robert