PDA

View Full Version : Vcds headlight Europe

Simonbartlett
6th January 2017, 10:14 PM
Please can anyone confirm that vcds will adjust my headlights for Euro driving 2008 d3 . Thanks

paulrstaylor
6th January 2017, 10:41 PM
http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8589

Johnmed
6th January 2017, 11:13 PM
Takes seconds to do. I tend to do it waiting for the ferry/channel tunnel. Shame it's not in the MMI.

Simonbartlett
7th January 2017, 01:50 PM
Thanks. How stupid that it's a "dealer " job, that would get very expensive when going to Europe a few times a year. I wonder how much they charge or is it a free job if your a customer ?

Good excuse for me to get vcds though 😊

Conquistador
7th January 2017, 05:20 PM
Probably their standard £60/half hour diagnostics/labour charge I'd imagine.

Get a D4, the car knows when it's on the continent (using GPS) and switches the headlights over automatically +++

Simonbartlett
7th January 2017, 06:01 PM
So 120 each time you go abroad 😧 Would love a d4 but the budget wouldn't stretch.

Johnmed
7th January 2017, 06:04 PM
Find a friendly independent or buy VCDS, or if you're a cheapskate (like me) buy an eBay lead and cracked version of VCDS.

Simonbartlett
8th January 2017, 04:43 PM
I have a cheap lead in the garage from the T5 Caravelle but it was a nightmare to get connected. From memory trouble setting ports took me bloody ages then I lost interest. I guess a genuine one would be easier

ulfilias
18th January 2017, 10:27 AM
Can't see why ODBeleven couldn't do this.

https://obdeleven.com/

I've got one in my ashtray for doing quick simple things and reading fault codes etc on the move. VCDS is better and more hand holdy for most things, but a simple thing like this it would be ideal at tweaking. You'd need the "pro" version but then, you do for most things and if you've got the dongle then it's no biggie!

I've not tried it for this, but can if someone is interested.

Lee

Simonbartlett
18th January 2017, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=ulfilias;123012]Can't see why ODBeleven couldn't do this.

https://obdeleven.com/

I've got one in my ashtray for doing quick simple things and reading fault codes etc on the move. VCDS is better and more hand holdy for most things, but a simple thing like this it would be ideal at tweaking. You'd need the "pro" version but then, you do for most things and if you've got the dongle then it's no biggie!

I've not tried it for this, but can if someone is interested.

Lee[/QUOTE

Looks like a cheap alternative if it can do a bit of coding. If anyone has one and could try it that would be great. Thanks

ulfilias
20th January 2017, 10:41 AM
It's good on modules and fault codes and have a nice interface there, however while It can certainly do coding, but it's enter a channel, enter a number!

I plugged my vagcom in to look at working out what relevant settings would be, and tried a couple of net searches to look up info, but I couldn't seem to work it out?!?!

Mines an 2005 with Bi-Xenon's. Going into 55 Headlamp Range, all i could fine was settings for leveling, codes to say what sort of light you have etc.

Adaption (10 which is confusing) doesn't have a channel 10 on mine, so it's not that :(

So i haven't been able to test this!

Lee

Simonbartlett
20th January 2017, 12:12 PM
Thanks for trying

Simonbartlett
8th March 2017, 09:05 PM
I now have my obdeleven so will try doing this at the weekend, Any ideas where to start ?

Simonbartlett
21st June 2017, 04:18 PM
Going to Belgium this weekend, has anyone managed to do this and has any tips ?