PDA

View Full Version : Zex nos?

Shel155
28th August 2020, 10:28 PM
Am toying with the idea of putting light shot (75?) NOS wet system on 02 S8. This is just for fun-factor and urge to experiment, some danger to trans over time... would it hurt the value of the car? Not extremely low miles but it's a nice car. Ideas? :rolleyes:

Conan_the_Librarian
29th August 2020, 06:42 AM
I ran a Wizards of NOS kit on my 97 S8. Initially on a WOT switch. Anything over a 50 shot would cause transmission changes to be quite noisy. I added a progressive controller with a 1.5 second increase curve and maxed out at a 125 BHP shot.

Shel155
29th August 2020, 09:21 AM
I ran a Wizards of NOS kit on my 97 S8. Initially on a WOT switch. Anything over a 50 shot would cause transmission changes to be quite noisy. I added a progressive controller with a 1.5 second increase curve and maxed out at a 125 BHP shot.

That's good to know, I was not aware of the progressive controller option. Thanks for that info.

MikkiJayne
29th August 2020, 09:47 AM
The rods are the weak point in the 40V - little twigs compared to the tree stumps in the 32V. The 40V can take a bit of boost without going pop, so a small amount of laughing gas shouldn't be too terrible for it but a progressive controller would definitely be a good idea to not hit the rods with a sudden torque spike.

Turn it up until the rods bend, and then back it off half a click :ROFL: