PDA

View Full Version : Washer pump problems

Ska
8th March 2010, 05:29 PM
Hi All long time no post thing going on with me these days:o
Since the recent snow we've been blessed with my windscreen washer pump is not working. So far I have replaced both the pump and wiper and cruise control stalks on the steering (supplied by A8 parts naturally and hoped that it would revive my inactive CC system but it didn't) and check for any blockages in the jets and hoses (all clear) but the pump still doesn't work (nothing can be heard). From what I can see there is no electricity getting to the connector for the pump; broken wire perhaps? Thing is I've searched on Elsawin etc. and can't find the wiring diagram for this simplest of things but decisive for the MOT! The wires at the pump connector:
(1) Brown - earth,
(2) purple/black - 12v I guess?
(3) Brown /Blue - fluid level sensor

Thing is the wires on the steering connectors are different colours does any know where I can get a wiring diagram for this or better know where I should be looking for the open circuit as it disappears into the wing.
As always any help appreciated.+++
Ska
http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/audi-a8-s8/94203-washer-jets-not-working-3.html
http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=1752026&highlight=washer

IT
8th March 2010, 07:24 PM
Hi Ska - I thought would be an easy one, but the PF 2.8s are definitely sparse on the wiper info !!

If you check out the air condition wiring diagram, page 5 (ish) you will see connection to V5, which is the washer pump. This is the Black/Purple wire which you have mentioned, and yes, its the +12 run for the pump.

The air conditioner needs the supply also, so it knows when to switch onto recirc.

If you vagcom the A/C module, and look at the measuring block for whether or not the pump is running, you may be able to narrow it down to whether the a feed is actually coming from the wiper stalk or not. Bear in mind the wiper stalk may be fine, but it may not be getting a +12 into it in the first place - Fuse?

Ska
9th March 2010, 02:29 PM
Thanks Ian sorted it turns out that both pumps and my multimeter had all had it. I pulled the pumps apart which revealed that the DC motors had siezed due to water ingress and rust. Also the miniture pcb on top the replacement Pump had fallen apart. So I took apart my pump cleaned up the motor (which seemed to have less rust than the replacement) and swaped the housings over. All this to save £80ish!

RanjS8
20th May 2010, 04:46 PM
Hi was wondering how did u remove the pump. Also if need be how does one remove the bottle itself.