PDA

View Full Version : Parrot speaker help

topgolfer1
17th March 2010, 04:38 PM
Hi all,

Now the flash guys that have RNS-e with the bluetooth module:love:,this wont apply,but for us mere mortals that have the RNS-d and have to make do with an aftermarket bluetooth here is my query.+++

Have fitted a Parrot ck3100 to the S8,but cant seem to get any noise from the speakers,all volumes are set,the dis shows phone etc,have connected the mute and can hear the sat nav unit clicking,have plugged into the back of the head unit using the speaker block from the bluetooth unit but then that leaves another female unit spare,which I imagine the speakers would plug into from the car,but as its got Bose they aint there.Am I doing something stupid,bearing in mind I am working nights and half asleep!!!!!Do I need another lead?:Confused:

Noticed on a earlier thread James asked a question regarding this install and Ians reply made it seem straight forward,but I seem to be making hard work of it

Apologies if this is a very basic oversight :tuttut:

Cheers for now

Rich

PsYcHe
17th March 2010, 05:59 PM
If the unit has no speakers connected, then you may find that there's a 'tel +/-' input elsewhere on the RNS which you would connect the speaker output of the parrot to instead.

IT
17th March 2010, 07:37 PM
have plugged into the back of the head unit using the speaker block from the bluetooth unit but then that leaves another female unit spare
Rich

You dare to butcher my Audi with some aftermarket rubbish... Pah... :D

'Speaker block from the bluetooth unit' sounds like some sort of speaker bypass unit ? If this is the case, it wont work as the headunit doesnt drive the speakers, the amp in the boot does..... I've seen other problems with Parrot due to this 'design'

The Nav plus instead has a Tel - and Tel + connection on the back of the head unit, in the green square connector - These will be wired in on yours as you have the factory phone prep so it makes them easier to tap.

These wires are designed to take the speaker out from your handfree kit, so when the mute wire is triggered, the headunit mutes the audio and instead amplifies whatever comes in over that tel +/- line.....

HTH

Ian.

topgolfer1
18th March 2010, 12:40 AM
Sorry for the aftermarket rubbish,I would dearly love RNS E,speaking of which why didnt you fit it to this one.would have saved all of this!!!!its on the list, so for the time being,this will have to do:)

Cheers guys for the replies,

So if I have this correct, all i need to do is find out which 2 wires from the main bluetooth unit,which then go into the speaker bypass unit, replicate tel+/tel-,piggy back them onto corresponding ones in the head unit and we are ok+++

Or can I use any of the outlets from the bluetooth unit,ie front left.front right,etc so long as they are + and -,and as you say the head unit does the rest?

Crikey Ian this must seem like infant school wiring compared to what you are going through

Apologies again if you are thinking what a dumba..,its so simpless:ROFL:

Rich

IT
18th March 2010, 04:09 PM
So if I have this correct, all i need to do is find out which 2 wires from the main bluetooth unit,which then go into the speaker bypass unit, replicate tel+/tel-,piggy back them onto corresponding ones in the head unit and we are ok+++

Or can I use any of the outlets from the bluetooth unit,ie front left.front right,etc so long as they are + and -,and as you say the head unit does the rest?

I'm not familiar with the Parrat, but normally a hansfree kit has some sort of speaker out, whether that goes to a dedicated speaker stuffed in the footwell (I really detest those installs) or it goes to some sort of relay-based bypass unit. Providing you can identify the 2 wires that would normally convey the noise from the caller to the speaker and route these onto the Nav Plus headunit Tel - and Tel + connectors, then you're sorted.

I hope the helps clear it up?

topgolfer1
18th March 2010, 04:18 PM
Cheers Ian for your help,would prefer a OEM fit of handsfree myself,but this will have to do for the time being,I have installed it so when it has to be removed you would never know it had been fitted,when the RNS E comes along:love:

All sorted now,its very obvious when you know,but like anything,if there is a next time,which I doubt, then its a lot easier:D

Thanks again

Rich