PDA

View Full Version : Caught the 8 on the side of a post

E.L.M.O
26th June 2010, 10:02 AM
I havent had a good time with the 8 recently!

As well as battery issues I have had today (see other thread), a month ago while driving up a friends alley way to work on the Mini pick up I caught the side of the 8 on a concreate post >_< I have driven up there so many times before, its really tight but at one point I even got a Passatt estate and a trailer up there! I dont know what was wrong with me this day, I was rushing because we were due to leave for a Classic Mini show that day, and we were trying out hardest to get the mini pick up ready in time. Before you know It I just caught the wheel arch on the post. I cant even blame this one on the misses, this was all me. The damage isnt to bad, and pics will follow soon.

It was enough to put me in a pretty bad mood! To make matters worse, As soon as I finished the pick up I moved it only to notice the rear brake cylinders were leaking. by then it was to late and the parts store was closed so after all that I didnt get to take the Mini pick up to a show after all! We ended up taking my misses Mini Mayfair

Conan_the_Librarian
26th June 2010, 08:19 PM
gutted for u fella. if you need s body work man I can recomend one near AVP.

E.L.M.O
27th June 2010, 11:19 AM
Thanks mate,

yeah it did really annoy me! Cant believe I did it! >_<

I will post up some pictures soon, it would be good to get your opinions. The 8 is getting a bit of a battering at the moment, the trims loose on the other side, and the washer jet still hasnt been fixed! Its starting to look a little tatty and rough round the edges so I need to fix all these things soon! A rough tatty 8 is just not exceptable!!!