PDA

View Full Version : Stubby phone arial

Mr K
13th July 2010, 09:48 PM
Im looking for a stubby arial to replace the phone arial on the back of my 2002 S8; something like:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg253/mkoneeman/009-6.jpg
(hope he doesnt mind me using his picture)

I dont use the phone kit so dont mind what it does to my signal. the whip arial looks a bit silly, but i dont want to just remove it and be left with the plinth on the side of my car, so i want a smaller one.

thought about cutting one down from A8 parts - but they are going for £30 on ebay!

Mkoneman
14th July 2010, 03:08 PM
Yeah I do mind lol :D

It's just a universal one u can get from any motor factor or maybe even halfords, they come with all the adaptors to fit all different ones

Mr K
15th July 2010, 12:16 PM
Yeah I do mind lol :D

It's just a universal one u can get from any motor factor or maybe even halfords, they come with all the adaptors to fit all different ones

I found it on the 'most modified S8 competition' thread, your car is stunning!

thanks for the info! I think the whip that audi fitted looks like such an after thought, especially after they have gone to the trouble of fitting the TV and radio aerials into the rear screen!

Singh
15th July 2010, 12:58 PM
The one on the pre facelift is embarrassing, Nasa ain't even seen things like that. Why the hell does it need that to pick up AM/FM is beyond me :Confused:

Singh
20th July 2010, 11:51 PM
Is there any way of getting rid of this thing all together? I won't use the car phone anyway.

IT
21st July 2010, 12:51 PM
:eek3:

eek. You've not even got it yet and you're weilding the knife....

I cant bear to watch...... :(

Singh
1st August 2010, 10:28 PM
James, is there a reason why you haven't had an axe to this thing yet? I'm hoping its possible to get rid of!

Mkoneman
2nd August 2010, 09:20 AM
to do it properly it would involve tig welding up the hole and repainting the rear quarter, a lot of effort for a small gain maybe one day in the future...