PDA

View Full Version : boot catch broken ??

daz.g
5th September 2010, 05:35 PM
Having resolved my alarm horn problem I now have a problem with my bootlid not locking properly.......
I've removed the trim panels and tried adjusting the catch bar at the bottom - no joy. Removed it completely and tried inserting it into the catch on the bootlid and it does lock around it but if you pull it opens pretty easily. It seems to me that the opening mechanism works correctly and its just the hook in the catch worn down so it doesn't lock it correctly. Also the interior lights in the boot no longer work.....
Does this sound right to you guys, do I need a new catch assembly for the bootlid ?? If so does anyone know the part number, and whether its the same part as in A6's,A4's etc. Funds are tight so if I can get one from a scrappy and change myself it would be marvellous.......:Confused:

PsYcHe
5th September 2010, 06:36 PM
sounds like you may need a new catch assembly... Try a8parts :)

daz.g
5th September 2010, 07:23 PM
cheers for the reply mate, I've just got a schematic off etka and been out playing around with it.
I closed it whilst holding the reease button in, held it down then released the button....... AND IT LOCKED SHUT !!!!! Not sure what I've done but it seems to be working fine now . The catch hook seems to extend a lot further now and the catch can no longer be opened by forcing it ........ Result
Not sure if there's any adjustment possible on the catch hook itself and I've just inadvertantly changed something....... I'll keep an eye on it !