PDA

View Full Version : Bronze Wing Mirror

jeremyp
20th October 2010, 08:13 AM
Hi

My drivers door mirror is different to the passenger one in that it has a black surround but also it's bronze.

Does this mean it's an auto-dimming one that has failed?

I must say I don't like the bronze at all and the clarity is not great.

If it is failed, is my only option to get a replacement from Audi?

Thanks

Architex_mA8tey
23rd October 2010, 06:23 AM
Hi Jeremy
Yes they go a bronzy colour as they break down and fail - i had the same on one of mine and am waiting for Dave at A8 parts to tell me he has a pair of OK ones in as I have standard ones on mine at the moment

If you are not worried about autodim then you can get pre-shaped heated ones off ebay quite cheaply (I've done this for now until I get original ones to refit again) I think the ID was wingmirrorman alternatively talk to Dave at A8 parts and get on the waiting list for another mirror to replace. Im sure that new from Audi they will be pretty dear! HTH

jeremyp
23rd October 2010, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the response. I have normal glass on the passengers side. If I have auto dimming mirrors (the option code is on my build list) then should both of them be auto-dimming?
Has someone just done the cheap option and replaced a damaged one with a non-dimming mirror?

Architex_mA8tey
23rd October 2010, 02:28 PM
yes thats exactly what I found on mine too - someone had replaced the drivers side already and the passenger side was original but going bronzy. Ive replaced it with a cheaper option for now and asked Dave at A8 parts to advise me as soon as he has a pair in that are ok, so I would think thats your best bet for now unless you can put up with the bronzed one for now - mine started to go foggy in the middle