PDA

View Full Version : Screen Wash

Singh
9th February 2009, 07:56 PM
The bloody over dramatic screen wash symbol on the DIS is doing my head in, after I top up the screen wash it comes on again within an hour or so. The windscreen washer jets don't work although the headlight washers do so I don't think its the pump, any suggestions what it could be? I'm going to look for blockages tomorrow but would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction...

Ska
9th February 2009, 08:45 PM
Take a look at the L shape joint here:+++
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s37/Ska_pics/engine.jpg

Singh
9th February 2009, 08:49 PM
First place I checked, all connected up im afraid :(

Ska
9th February 2009, 08:54 PM
What about where it connects to the pump? Also there is a plastic junction some where in the head light washer bit that breaks any puddles at all when you use it? Not that you'll see any puddles in this weather! Or perhaps the jets are just blocked.

Simon Wallwork
10th February 2009, 09:51 AM
I had this a couple of weeks ago during the freezing weather. I'd top up the reservoir but next day the light on the display would be on again.

Suspecting that the bottle had split due to no antifreeze in the scoosher liquid (Scottish, see) I started to strip out the o/s/f area to try and get the bottle out. Mission impossible btw, for me anyway.

Turned out the lines had frozen up and sort of jacked up the n/s/ headlamp washer by about half an inch (prefacelift) causing a leak.

Just had to press it back down (and rebuild the o/s/f engine bay area). Fixed.;)