PDA

View Full Version : 5HP24A Parts Catalogue

Conan_the_Librarian
9th May 2011, 07:40 AM
Useful resource (http://www.jpat.co.uk/5HP24A.pdf) from this website (http://www.jpat.co.uk/).

Adrian E
9th May 2011, 06:16 PM
Conan

Great info +++ Any idea where to find the 10 digit code serial number for the box and whether it's visible without getting the car up on a ramp?

Need to order bits for an oil change from Auto Suppliers in Kidderminster (recommended by ZF UK) but they need the code - don't have access to a ramp so it's either crawl under with a torch or buy the bits from Audi :Confused:

Conan_the_Librarian
9th May 2011, 06:23 PM
There is no 10 digit number on the transmission label I'm aware of. But you can get the part number from VagCom (VCDS) just by scanning the transmission.

What engine have you got?

Adrian E
9th May 2011, 06:48 PM
Hiya

Understood it was a series of 2/3 digits on the manufacturers plate :Confused:

Engine is a 40v (AVP) and gearbox is EUU according to info in service book.

Will the vag-com code be the ZF part number, or Audi only?

By the way I've got the ZF oil specs and filling procedure, if they're not already on here, from ZF last week. If you want them PM me your e-mail and I'll forward them +++

Conan_the_Librarian
9th May 2011, 07:23 PM
Hiya

By the way I've got the ZF oil specs and filling procedure, if they're not already on here, from ZF last week. If you want them PM me your e-mail and I'll forward them +++

You EUU box uses (I think) oil pick up filter 01V 325 429 B. This as far as I can tell equates to the ZF part number 211 27 02.

Usual disclaimer, I am an idiot and if you follow me it should only be out of morbid curiosity.

and PM sent

PsYcHe
9th May 2011, 07:33 PM
Although it's an EUU gearbox, there can still be differences, so you're safest with the serial number.

Conan_the_Librarian
9th May 2011, 08:30 PM
Hiya

After a bit of confusion over the transmission code I've sussed out that EUU is the final drive code. In that case your transmission code is either ECY or FBG. Therfore the part numbers are:

01L 300 041 S or SX if it's an exchange box
or
01L 300 042 P or PX

I'm betting it's ECY, in which case the information above is good.

Adrian E
9th May 2011, 09:16 PM
That's great info +++ judging by the 2 options mentioned, that must mean I've got a FBG gearbox as it's written right next to the EUU code in my service book!

What's the difference between the two that made you think the other was more likely?

Mine's a late car, so guess the sequentially later part number is likely?

Wonder if the ZF bloke will be able to use that number :D.....

Queue some late night Googling - this link looks useful:

http://www.audipages.com/Tech_Articles/auto_transmission/ZFAudiProgram.pdf

It lists the comparable ZF part numbers for a given gearbox code or part number from Audi +++ Interestingly it doesn't list the ECY/041S option :Confused:

IT
9th May 2011, 09:36 PM
Yes, EUU sounds like a transmission code, used to identify the final drive ratio mainly, and FBG is the standard code for Facelift D2 S8's gearbox after about 2000/2001 onwards... +++