PDA

View Full Version : Painted Lowers On D2 - Any Recommended Shops?

Nollywood
5th September 2011, 09:32 PM
Hey guys!

I'm generally pleased with my D2's paintwork, however I've got a slight graze on my offside rear bumper, and some markings above the front license tag. Looks like the previous owner had a short garage, and physically had the nose of the car touching the wall. And of course, each time he got in and out, the constant change in ride height cause the wall to mark the bumper above the license tag. :tuttut:

I want to get both front and rear bumpers painted, and the lowers (can't understand why Audi chose to keep the lowers plain black) color-matched to the rest of the bodywork. So front and rear bumpers, and the rocker panels.

Is there a good shop anyone could suggest? I don't mind travelling a bit, I'm in North London presently.

Thanks in advance. +++

Nollywood
6th September 2011, 07:42 AM
No one car recommend any good paint shop? C'mon guys!

Adrian E
6th September 2011, 08:10 AM
I know a good place in Crawley, but might be a bit too far to travel?

The lower trims tend to de-bond over time, so make sure yours are sound before spending money on painting them. I THINK Audi did some that are intended to be painted, but that's from memory. I replaced one of mine and it was about £75!

I think it'd look nice - wish I'd considered it on my Avus but funds didn't allow when it had to go to the bodyshop anyway.....

Adrian

Nollywood
6th September 2011, 08:40 AM
I know a good place in Crawley, but might be a bit too far to travel?

The lower trims tend to de-bond over time, so make sure yours are sound before spending money on painting them. I THINK Audi did some that are intended to be painted, but that's from memory. I replaced one of mine and it was about £75!

I think it'd look nice - wish I'd considered it on my Avus but funds didn't allow when it had to go to the bodyshop anyway.....

Adrian

Thanks bud. My lower trims are pretty good, I replaced the one on the driver's door when I got the car, it was missing.

I'm looking at painting the entire black areas on the rocker panels, as well as the lower trims. So there won't be any black left on the car, bar the B-pillar trim, and the rear door triangles (rear triangles could do with being rubbed down, treated and repainted gloss black).

Adrian E
6th September 2011, 10:32 AM
Let me know if you want details of the place in Crawley - they're Porsche approved and do a lot of high end cars

Nollywood
6th September 2011, 11:16 AM
That'll be awesome, Adrian. Feel free to send details to me via PM, if that's more convenient.

Goran
6th September 2011, 08:36 PM
Hi Nollywood, I used these guys before to re-paint the plastic mirror housings (£50). Really nice guys. I want to get my lower bumpers repainted too and thats where I was going to take them. Just have to do some plastic welding work on the rear first.

http://www.westfieldcrashrepairsltd.co.uk/

Nollywood
6th September 2011, 09:15 PM
^^^ Thanks buddy for the contact details. +++

We really need to link up at some point, when my daughter will let her daddy out for the day. Need to get some measurements of your manual axles. :cool:

Goran
9th September 2011, 11:59 AM
Are you going to the Audi Driver International meet? I could bring it with me.

Nollywood
9th September 2011, 03:22 PM
Are you going to the Audi Driver International meet? I could bring it with me.

That's a thought - when is it, and where is it being held?

Architex_mA8tey
11th September 2011, 07:08 AM
That's a thought - when is it, and where is it being held?

Details are all HERE (http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3445) let me know if you are coming asap and whether you would like a breakfast ordered +++