PDA

View Full Version : chrome audi s8 side skirts

daviesbike
15th November 2011, 08:11 PM
has anyone ever heard of some chrome audi S8 side skirts or trim that brands the logo QUATTRO on it, i presume they are maybe for the door trims, found them on ebay not sure quite what they are for

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab221/daviesbike/KGrHqMOKiEE6WtEp8BOqhhwMSyg60_12.jpg

:Confused:

Architex_mA8tey
15th November 2011, 08:17 PM
they look like sill plates for the front and back door sills Guy

daviesbike
15th November 2011, 08:19 PM
yea i though that but the small ones look slighty too small to be for that, unless its because they are pressed into the plastic and they don't actually cover the whole sill ?

daviesbike
15th November 2011, 08:22 PM
sorry to stray off my own topic but have you a guide on replacing the whole mirrors for when they come ? just an off chance

ainarssems
15th November 2011, 08:52 PM
Here you go:

HPsauce
15th November 2011, 09:15 PM
Wow! Thanks for those PDF's.
I've got a replacement N/S memory mirror unit awaiting installation on my PF S8. :D
The old one still sort of folds (on a good day) so it might wait until spring time......

I've got some printed instructions for the door trim removal but if you could post those as well.......+++

daviesbike
16th November 2011, 09:13 AM
exelent very use full indeed, this is why i love the forum +++

ainarssems
16th November 2011, 10:08 AM
front door trim

HPsauce
16th November 2011, 10:42 AM
Thanks very much. :D
I'll definitely save that for springtime unless I get desperate!

daviesbike
16th November 2011, 11:24 AM
um so how do the mirrors come off then do i have to take out the door cards to change them ?

HPsauce
16th November 2011, 11:42 AM
Well I was told that with memory yes you do.
Looking at the replacement part I have there's no way you could swap it with the door card in place so I tend to believe that advice.

daviesbike
17th November 2011, 11:19 AM
they have come and im very happy with them did not think they would be so heavy but hey, just need to polish them up with something, any sugestions as to what i can use on the chrome ?

ainarssems
17th November 2011, 12:09 PM
Did you get OEM mirrors? If so then I think they are polished aluminium either anodised or coated with clear lacquer and would require removing of coating, polishing and re-coating to protect or you would need to polish them every week or 2.

daviesbike
17th November 2011, 12:42 PM
yes they are oem they are in good order its just me being fussy that wants them looking new again, just fitting them im dredding, they look like they are fitted by just taking out the mirror itself but not sure exactly will find out on sat

Architex_mA8tey
17th November 2011, 12:43 PM
/Vulture mode on Hmm when can I have your other glass? :D /vulture mode off

daviesbike
17th November 2011, 03:42 PM
not sure on the difference but my new mirrors have a blue tinted glass in them and my old ones have like an orange glass and are both heated and auto dimming ect. hope all the conections are there for the new mirrors, also the trims with audi quattro sport on them look very nice indeed and a nice touch i think to when you open the doors i will post pictures when its all done, you can have my glass when i change them over if you pm me your address ect and we can go from there +++

Architex_mA8tey
17th November 2011, 04:22 PM
PM sent thanks Guy +++