PDA

View Full Version : Another one i must resist

Dezzy
21st February 2012, 06:38 AM
I’ve seriously had to have a word with myself. I work away from home and I don’t think that helps as I have time to look at stuff and have no one to talk me out of these things, but I’ve recently been offered a Leyland at what seemingly is an absolute bargain, and thought oow interesting. Yes I know a Leyland????

Thing is I’m struggling with space and Mrs Dezzy would probably not be quite so keen on it outside the house (the kids would love it though)
It’s a part of history something that needs preserving for future generations to see, it would have been a part of many men’s lives and loved by them, it is after all a veteran and should receive the respect that it deserves.

See here I go again, it’s not normal behaviour I’m bordering on being a mental case I think….

The Leyland Martian (the actual one for sale)
http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=2830&stc=1&d=1329809873

and a stock photo of one working hard
http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=2831&stc=1&d=1329809873

sloss
21st February 2012, 07:00 AM
It's got an Aberdeen Reg so maybe I should acquire it :)

Architex_mA8tey
21st February 2012, 07:01 AM
I think that would help Dezzy deal with his problem!! :ROFL::ROFL:

Dezzy
21st February 2012, 07:26 AM
It'll be better than the Bobtail off road :D

I'll go halfs with you

sloss
21st February 2012, 07:39 AM
PLenty room for it but I've already got a wagon to play with......:p

Conan_the_Librarian
21st February 2012, 08:59 AM
Build a ramp for the back dezzy and you could garage the Landie in there saving space.

Dezzy
21st February 2012, 10:10 AM
Owww a mobile workshop and garaging facility great thinking Mike.

This is difficult because i'm sure what it's offered for can't be a long way off scrap value and i don't think you'd ever loose money on it, but on the same hand i like the soft, dangly collection of objects between my legs to stay there.

sloss
21st February 2012, 11:47 AM
I just get stuff and when the missus says "when/where/how/why?" or words to that effect I just feign surprise and say I've had that for ages +++

Actually she doesn't mind as long as she gets her Holidays with her pals out of my way :ROFL:

jayzee
21st February 2012, 12:38 PM
LOL, you are one crazy person!! :D

Go for it +++