PDA

View Full Version : Dension problems

The_Laird
22nd May 2012, 05:15 AM
I inherited a Dension iPod connector with my S8 and, because I've had one before, I'm sure something is amiss. It's supposed to play 6 playlists as if they were CDs and control is through the head unit

It will do:
1. Play music from each of the play lists (if selected via the iPod controls)
2. Advance from one track to the next from the head unit
3. Stop when the head unit is turned off or moved to the radio
4. Charge the iPod

It won't do:
1. Change from one playlist to another via the head unit controls. If you try this, it keeps playing the same playlist and then defaults back to 'CD 5'
2. Count and time the tracks properly. This seems to be a pretty random event/display.
3. Recognise one of the playlists (CDS) on the display

All I have on the iPod is the 6 playlists (I amended the 'smart' playlists) and I've tried 2 different iPods.

Any ideas?

PsYcHe
22nd May 2012, 08:12 AM
You checked for a firmware update for it?

The_Laird
22nd May 2012, 09:53 AM
Er, what? I've no idea how to do that and what to do if there is one!

PsYcHe
22nd May 2012, 10:25 AM
Which model of dension do you have and I'll check :)

The_Laird
22nd May 2012, 02:55 PM
Now there's a good question! From what I've seen of the little box hidden behind the dash, it's probably a Gateway 100. But I can't be sure. I need to see if I can get better access with the radio (Navigation plus) out.

PsYcHe
22nd May 2012, 03:23 PM
http://www.dension.com/knowledge-base/how-do-i-update-gateway-100-firmware

:)

The_Laird
22nd May 2012, 07:53 PM
Well, that was a bit of a fiddle, but it didn't do anything unfortunately

The_Laird
23rd May 2012, 06:59 AM
Also noticed a couple of other strange issues. Although it will move from displaying 'track 1' to 'track 2' and so on if you advance the track manually, it doesn't advance when it plays, and reverts to track 1 in the display after a while. The track timer also counts for just 60 seconds then starts again at 10 seconds.

My simple little brain can't understand:(

goglawrie
23rd May 2012, 07:28 AM
The car I'm breaking has denson in it you could look at it to compared to your one

PsYcHe
23rd May 2012, 07:38 AM
We can take a look on Saturday... Could be that it's set to the wrong repeat or something :)

The_Laird
23rd May 2012, 07:59 AM
iPod or Dension? I've tried 2 different iPods and been throught the settings. But if you have time to have a peek I'd be very grateful